Cafe Racer Forum banner

Looking for Clever Dog Racing, John Branson for 50cc hop up info

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  JackC 
#1 ·
There used to be a website with some great info on hopping up the honda 50 and 70 OHC engines, Clever Dog Racing, and John was a moderator here. I am looking for that hop up info. Does anyone have a clue? Thank you! I have found links to the site, but they go dead. Maybe someone has a PDF tucked away??

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I have put a shout out on the uscra facebook and yahoo group.

There is a bike in the club still known as "THE Branson Bike" I am not sure who has current possession. It went from Branson, to someone, to Dale Hoyt (deceased) to Henry Syphers to ???? Maybe Matt Tanner

The big thing John talked about in his article was increasing oil flow to the head. Pretty detailed info that even I could understand.

Triailsrider, do you have a link for the supercharger? I don't think that is class legal.

#8 ·
Triailsrider, do you have a link for the supercharger? I don't think that is class legal.
I found one by google video "Honda 50 supercharger" they post 2 e-mail contacts at a the end of the demo video. Ya, probably would bump you up a class or 2.
If the top end lacks oil another way to deal with that is to go with roller rockers and add bearings to the camshaft but thats' probably going to bump it up a class too. But wow would that bike ever have a lot of class for a Honda 50 :cool:

#12 ·
Trialsrider- I have two pushrod 50 Honda racebikes. I was looking for the CleverDog info for a friend building an over head cam engine. I also have an OHC 65cc engine Under the bench for "some day", plan on putting a 50cc top end on it to make it class legal.

If they had a bolt on kit for my C110, and it fit the rules there is a good chance I would give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.