Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I hope this kind of post is ok here. Basically I'm looking for a cafe racer enthusiast who would like to write for a website dedicated for cafe racer builders. You decide what to write about and how often. The website have one mission; To learn how to build awesome cafe racers. We write about anything related to this, from build guides for specific models to completed cafe racer projects. The website is new, so you'll have an important role in shaping the community.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Mark Burton and UncleRob, maybe a couple of others, mostly Brits,
but I don't think you can afford them or the bikes they build.

... and you really should call it Vintage Racing Motorcycles or you are going to attract a whole bunch of artsy posers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark Burton and UncleRob, maybe a couple of others, mostly Brits,
but I don't think you can afford them or the bikes they build.

... and you really should call it Vintage Racing Motorcycles or you are going to attract a whole bunch of artsy posers.
Thanks for the tips. You're probably right. These guys would make great content but as you say, their rate could be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
at the moment, Montesa 300RR, BMW K100RS, MV Agusta F3
+ a Montesa 260 that will have studded tires on it by next week.

.... I can't afford nice bikes like Mark Burton or UncleRob either.

You should do it yourself! (y) where do I sign up
or heck, just move in and take over this place, save a ton of front money

·
Registered
most everything i ride leaks oil
56 Posts
how is it getting parts for those CX500s? i seem to recall that honda ceased making alternators for them after seven years.

super interesting innovation, though. 10,000 rpm on pushrods impressed the hell out of me.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Seven years post production is not unusual.
Have them rewound, there are places that still do that, for everything else there is the scrap yard.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thanks for the tips. You're probably right. These guys would make great content but as you say, their rate could be a deal breaker.
I’ve not done anything of interest that’s motorcycle related, other than ride my old bike and off road Enduro on occasion as I’m still working on an MG with my son. We write articles for an Owners Club magazine as they run features on where we are up to, but I couldn’t do much about Cafe Racers.

JalSteve used to add some good content in here, but I haven’t logged in for quite some time so wouldn’t know if he still contributes.

T

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I did a YouTube video from a few sections at the Isle of Man in 2016 after I’d finished putting it together, but it’s still running nicely TrialsRider. Shame the microphone on the camera was crap, but here it is again...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
It was surreal being able to ride legally at those speeds with oncoming traffic. I’d watched a documentary on tv the week before called ‘TT Blues’ showing where the police and emergency services had been dealing with middle aged men riding sports bikes around the Island getting into a mess. Recognising areas where the people, where I would fall into the same category as had life changing incidents was in the back of my mind. Total respect to anyone that races around there - it’s not the super smooth race track surface you might expect

·
Registered
49 Posts
lol IOM must be a bit dodgy when the course is not closed to local traffic.
I did a YouTube video from a few sections at the Isle of Man in 2016 after I’d finished putting it together, but it’s still running nicely TrialsRider. Shame the microphone on the camera was crap, but here it is again...

Thanks for sharing that with us Mark. It's been a while since I visited the Island and loved the closing footage from Kate's to the Creg.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts