Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last usable helmet is an old AGV something or other snell M95. AGV had a good fit for my head shape at the time not sure what has changed in 10+ years. Just curious what might be a good comfortable and quiet choice that has vents that don't fall off like the AGV did, but than again I think they held up for the first 5-7 years before falling to the road somewhere. I am not into crazy graphics but really don't care how it looks all said and done if it works well.

I have owned some great gear that was a complete graffic design disaster due to its great functional design and extremely good pricing. I actually wear a Tecnik Violator jacket that fits that bill in white/purple/teal/safety orange. Its an awesome jacket that fits like a glove.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I wear a z1r phantom and really like it.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I wear a z1r phantom and really like it.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is cheep, I would be willing to spend more and prefer dot/snell rating. Helmet is one of your most important pieces of safety equipment.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is cheep, I would be willing to spend more and prefer dot/snell rating. Helmet is one of your most important pieces of safety equipment.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Stay away from the HJC CL16. I bought one last year, noisy and poor ventilation, and the visor system isn't great.
I'm considering a Shoei at this point. I tried on Icon and Shark, both had the wrong head shape for me.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Stay away from the HJC CL16. I bought one last year, noisy and poor ventilation, and the visor system isn't great.
I'm considering a Shoei at this point. I tried on Icon and Shark, both had the wrong head shape for me.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I like my Icon full coverage helmet. For me it fits good and I have no problem lifting the shield and riding that way down the road. It doesn't pull when your up to subsonic speed. Another mention - the standard shield doesn't fog up but last year I purchased a chrome looking shield for it - which sucked monkey ass. I plan to purchase a dark shield for it this year.

I felt the helmet was reasonably priced. (I got mine for under 2hundg...)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I like my Icon full coverage helmet. For me it fits good and I have no problem lifting the shield and riding that way down the road. It doesn't pull when your up to subsonic speed. Another mention - the standard shield doesn't fog up but last year I purchased a chrome looking shield for it - which sucked monkey ass. I plan to purchase a dark shield for it this year.

I felt the helmet was reasonably priced. (I got mine for under 2hundg...)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I have an hjc ac12 carbon that is great. Also the wife has an icon she loves and a bell she hates. My kbc was kinda cheaply made but worked well for years. I have a bell dirt style helmet now that I like a lot that is both snell and dot. I also have a shoei from 1988 hat is still going strong so you really do get what you pay for in quality.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I have an hjc ac12 carbon that is great. Also the wife has an icon she loves and a bell she hates. My kbc was kinda cheaply made but worked well for years. I have a bell dirt style helmet now that I like a lot that is both snell and dot. I also have a shoei from 1988 hat is still going strong so you really do get what you pay for in quality.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have an Icon Airframe that is absolutely amazing. Fog free shield, excellent airflow, comfortable padding that is easily removable for cleaning.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts