Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides motogadget, cognito and acewell can you send me links to well built speedo gauges or ones with small tach built in. Having trouble finding other options for my 1971 Honda CB450 build

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I got a Velona80 by Daytona. Good gauge. They are available with a speedo dial and digital tach, or what I wanted, digital speed and a tach on the dial. But I had to order from the UK. It was around $200 USD. Not a good photo, but it’s all I have on my phone

Attachments

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
and metric I should imagine ;) ...oh wait, thats a tac with a quartz speedo isn't it

Put a GPS speedo on er and be done with it.
Don't think they are actually legal in most places, but guessing you live some place it doesn't matter to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks awesome. How was it wiring? Also do you have any issues with it?
I got a Velona80 by Daytona. Good gauge. They are available with a speedo dial and digital tach, or what I wanted, digital speed and a tach on the dial. But I had to order from the UK. It was around $200 USD. Not a good photo, but it’s all I have on my phone

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Well built? Stack. But pricey as fuck. I have used them a couple of times.

Speedhut has a bunch, too. But I've never used them.
Cognito may have speedhut build their theirs for them?

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Looks awesome. How was it wiring? Also do you have any issues with it?
If you go to the last few pages (page 12 or so) in my build thread that is linked in my signature you can see a detailed description of the install. Start with page 12 because my first attempt was a cheap $35 one off eBay that I never got the tach to work. I used the magnetic pickup from that one to get my speed signal for the Velona. But you can buy speed cable adapters, mag pickups or gps units for the gauge from the supplier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts