Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
We're building a pair of Suzuki GS 11's for Vintage racing. When the plague is over we plan to return to the Isle of Man and Phillips Island. Our little team has been racing a, Honda VFR400R (1990), Suzuki GSXR1100W (1991) Guzzi, Le Mans (1981) Kawi 1979 (God only knows what it started out as) and now we're building this pair of early '80's Suzuki's (GS1100E) in the Greame Crosby/ Wes Cooley) World or Endurance ilk.

If any of you folks have bit's for any of these motorbike sitting about that you might be interested in selling, trading for or bless you giving away........please ping me and we'll talk.

Right now we are on the look out for engines and engine parts for the GS1100's. We are building two racers in this class and because we plan on heading back across the water to race we also plan to build not only the engines in the bikes but a spare for each.

Again if you can help please let us know

Rich

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
russ bigley in penn is always trying to flog stuff. i think his gs1000 stuff is 8 valve. hes been trying for years to get a team together for PI. hes the owner of the spondon tz750 that Nick I races among others in ahrma

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Might be worth dropping a request to Woody at Woody's Cycle Salvage, he knows race bike engines and possibly owns more old motorcycle parts then god.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both. I will try you suggestions tomorrow.
Russ Bigley should get in touch with Dave Crussel he is the fellow that puts together the shipping and everything for Team America. We have worked with him for the Manx Classic and PI in the past. Sadly I just heard from my friends in Oz no PI Classic this year still waiting on the Manx.
I will ping Woody's in the AM.
Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bummer

I love the PI classic, it's a great weekend

Much better than the moto gp or the SBK meetings there , although they are usually fantastic as well just not as good as the classic

The classic is so much more relaxed , you can ride your bike around and park anywhere you want to get the best view of the racing , the pits are open to the public so you can walk through and annoy all the racers

And so many magnificent race bikes from history to fall in love with

And the racing is outstanding, heaps of big names from bygone eras and from the now

And I get to destroy my tyres riding through the Snowy mountains on the way down and back from the island

Guess I'll have to wait till 2023

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL cash or the lack there of infects us all. With the cost of a container looking as if it may increase ten times, even sharing the shipping will be costly. Not to mention that the ships are getting held up in port and can't unload. What I ,for one would hate would to be in UK waiting for the motorbikes, hotels booked and paid for, entries paid only to find that our whole kit is still on board a ship or stuck at some freight yard.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
laxlumy,
Yes still looking. Did get in touch with Woody but he was just heading out of town for a couple of weeks. Hope to hear back when he returns. Right now our big task is finding new rod bearings and the pins that locate the crank throws. It looks as if we'll need to run reconditioned rods but new pins and bearing are a must.

Was good of you guys to put your two cents in. And yes PI is a rush. We would also like to race some of the UK vintage events and even the Southern 100 with our R-6.

Cheers to All.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts