Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Now there are so many databases and other things online that there is very little open data that you cannot find.

And if you have a Tor Browser set up (only do it if you know your web security) you can go on the deep web/dark web and that is where most of the internet and databases exist. You'll need TOR to access Darknet but there are tons of other browsers.

If you are adventurous and have your security squared away the Darknet is absolutely incredible- the levels of straight clean information is truly unbelievable. The library of congress has NOTHING on the hidden web, deep web, darknet whatever you call it.

·
Administrator
217 Posts
This has been confirmed as affecting some of our sites. I'm not entirely certain of the exact listing, but since you seem to be having some troubles here, I would wager a guess that you're on that list.

Here is another article with some additional information on the attacks: Massive DDoS Attack Against Dyn DNS Service Knocks Popular Sites Offline

To be clear, this is not an attack on the site itself. Your information is still secure. This type of attack is intended and exclusively affect performance.

Dayle

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Missing content again... posts show up in mine and others post history but not on the thread.

If this site were a motorcycle I'd be thinking about getting someone in who knows how to keep one running smoothly if the admin catches mah drift :)

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I lost a post this morning on the cupcake thread - even says I made the last post but it's not there.

No great loss, actually :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Must only exist in the dark web.....
Can't they just have the MOBO's and be happy... we get it, they have different coloured skin.

I suppose it explains a lot about sprinkles if he's a "dark" mechanic.... A lot of repressed rage there...

Anyway, whilst I'm flaming him I expect this site to perform!!!!

Fed up of crappy adverts and dodgy scripts crashing everything. If I'd have wanted a shit forum I'd be over at DTT.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Hey at least DTT had the sense to ban me.

I personally cant wait to see what wonderful things you have posted. Last time this happened the thread reconstructed when i posted.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Hey at least DTT had the sense to ban me.

I personally cant wait to see what wonderful things you have posted. Last time this happened the thread reconstructed when i posted.
How do you expect the light to shine out of it when your head is always so far up there?

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Administrator
217 Posts
Hey all

Running a rebuild again.

When you are having trouble with a thread, could you guys post a link to it so we can be sure the rebuilds are the correct route? There are other, less common, reasons for pages being inaccessible from time to time, so a link will help us in determining the actual cause.

Dayle

·
Registered
2,107 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Happening again. Posted a reply... it shows up as a "new forum post" and shows up in my profile. When I click on it.... it takes me to the thread... but my post is not there. It's annoying enough posting my rambling drivel in the first place... never mind having to repeat myself.

http://www.caferacer.net/forum/vintage-motorcycle-racing/38418-very-early-2-stroke-motor-1900-20s-3.html#post610522
doing the same to me too. Saw you replied in that thread, and I can't see it now.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Followed your 'road map' Geeto, and didn't have any problem. I replied, went back to the Index page, Clicked What's New, found my post there, clicked it, and was brought directly to my reply. What browser are you seeing this issue with?

Neil

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Can you see my post if you click on it in "New forum post"? before it disappears...

edit Too late

edit Now it's back in New Forum Post

·
Administrator
217 Posts
Does this happen to you whenever you reply or it just happened in that particular thread? Has it happened since? Just wondering if we maybe lost track of the reply you said that you lost in the thread that you linked. Since you seemed to have a few replies in that thread, I'm wondering if we're all talking about the same one...?

Erik

21 - 40 of 40 Posts