Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how you get the front forks lower. Is there a website that sells shorter forks for a cafe racer. I have seen many pictures that show these bikes sitting almost on the ground. I know how to lower the rear end but I need some advise on the front. Thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
can't do that on a cb350 crash. the trees on the 350's won't let the tube thru the top. you could use trees from a sl350 or cb360 to solve that but then another problem is that the cb350 fork legs are not chromed and will need to be protected some how , at least that has been my experience on my cl and cb. i'd either use the entire front end from a cb360 or find a compatible front end from a bigger bike.

...connoisseur of slack...

Edited by - snorkelfork on Aug 27 2007 7:35:29 PM

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a set of 2 under forks for a softtail could I replace the trees with a stock harley tree and work from there? i am not too sure of how it would look. Or would going with a springer front end be good.

·
Registered
687 Posts
you'd need to check and make sure the stem will fit, i bet they don't even come close so you are going to spend time and money to make it happen and it would be a lot cheaper and easier to find a front end from a 360. springer forks? what kind of bike are you trying to build.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yeah, you can't lower stock CB350 forks, but you should just beef up the front end. Get CB500 or 750 front end and put it on the 350. The triple trees on the 500 and 750 will allow you to lower the tubes. You will need to space the stearing head bearings. I think the naked, beefed up front ends on CB350s look cool, or is it the paint job? (joke).

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

Edited by - Pete Casper on Aug 30 2007 11:37:59 AM

·
Registered
687 Posts
pete, how would you go about spacing the bearings? my guess is to put washers or some such on the stem before the bearing. did i guess right?

also if you have a shot of the other side of that bike i'd like to see the rear break set up.

Edited by - snorkelfork on Aug 30 2007 1:36:59 PM

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
pete, how would you go about spacing the bearings? my guess is to put washers or some such on the stem before the bearing. did i guess right?

also if you have a shot of the other side of that bike i'd like to see the rear break set up.

Edited by - snorkelfork on Aug 30 2007 1:36:59 PM
Yeah, I used washers on both the top and bottom bearings, I know several other Formula CBrs did as well. Here is the picture of the brake set up. This is how it was when I got the bike from ruffo. Works as well as you need a rear brake to work on the race track. eventually I'd like to put a cable rear brake on it.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts