Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I can get by with a change of cloths and a tooth brush but the missuz is another story. We bought a 1200 Bandit so she'd be able to enjoy some bike time as well. Becoming obvious I'll need some storage for day trips. Anyone have any input on some soft luggage that might do the trick. That way I can chuck it off when she's not on the back. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
;) A second bike, one with lots of storage space so she can haul all your luggage.
Make it a Spyder if she's not into bikes, they have lots of storage space and can easy haul a trailer.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Top boxes are handy and don't affect your (lane-splitting) width. Most are lockable and removable - and if you get the right one they have an added bonus of being a backrest for your mrs (brownie points x 100).

Combine this with a set of soft bags and you have an instant tourer that you can revert back to a naked bike in seconds.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have Hepco & Becker hard bags, and it takes me all of 5 seconds to yank them off, and they fit far enough back that my wife can ride with them on, although lately she just rides her own bike ;)
My bags are lockable, waterproof, lightweight, and can hold a full face helmet in each one.

You might hate the look, but you can't argue that they're not handy ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have Hepco & Becker hard bags, and it takes me all of 5 seconds to yank them off, and they fit far enough back that my wife can ride with them on, although lately she just rides her own bike ;)
My bags are lockable, waterproof, lightweight, and can hold a full face helmet in each one.

You might hate the look, but you can't argue that they're not handy ;)
Best mate has Hepco and Becker alloy boxes on his XTZ660 Tenere, they're solid units and hold a slab of piss each.
Highly rated if you're gonna spend the big money on hard luggage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts