Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all. i have been lurking for a while and really enjoy this site. lots of good info and PICS!! i must admit i am a cruiser rider (yama roadstar w/h apes) but do enjoy all types of bikes. i am currently enrolled at a trade school taking a night course in motorcycle mechanics. my two other bikes are a '85 vulcan bobber and a stock '80 cb750. i do like the cafe look but this honda will be one big cafe i think. i read about the clubman/clip-on debate, so i wont go there. i think that the "superbike" look from the late '70/'80's is the direction i will go. i ordered some european type bars (they seemed a little lower than the superbike ones). and will try my hand at building a seatpan/taillight for the bike also. i am on the lookout for a 4 into 1 exhaust also. might make some rearsets too.rebuilt the carbs and got new insulator boots for it. if anyone has any suggestions or anything please post. thanks hoodrat

ps- sorry old guy (46) not too into computers so i dont have a linc to any pics yet but will try

pss-joined photobucket but not sure how to linc to the pics yes i read the faq but its greek to me-pics under socalhoodrat at photobucket

Edited by - hoodrat on Nov 05 2007 10:47:45 PM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and as if by magic my bike appears!!!
thank you.

Edited by - hoodrat on Nov 05 2007 10:54:59 PM

·
Registered
237 Posts
Here is my CB750, yes it is a little big, but she works for me, and I got her for the best price of all, FREE!!!!

This is what she looked like when I first got her

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

Edited by - psyco diver 69 on Nov 06 2007 12:53:57 AM

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Last I recall, that thing was apart. Any progress?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:
hello to all. i have been lurking for a while and really enjoy this site. lots of good info and PICS!! i must admit i am a cruiser rider (yama roadstar w/h apes) but do enjoy all types of bikes. i am currently enrolled at a trade school taking a night course in motorcycle mechanics. my two other bikes are a '85 vulcan bobber and a stock '80 cb750. i do like the cafe look but this honda will be one big cafe i think. i read about the clubman/clip-on debate, so i wont go there. i think that the "superbike" look from the late '70/'80's is the direction i will go. i ordered some european type bars (they seemed a little lower than the superbike ones). and will try my hand at building a seatpan/taillight for the bike also. i am on the lookout for a 4 into 1 exhaust also. might make some rearsets too.rebuilt the carbs and got new insulator boots for it. if anyone has any suggestions or anything please post. thanks hoodrat

ps- sorry old guy (46) not too into computers so i dont have a linc to any pics yet but will try

pss-joined photobucket but not sure how to linc to the pics yes i read the faq but its greek to me-pics under socalhoodrat at photobucket

Edited by - hoodrat on Nov 05 2007 10:47:45 PM
hey!

by way of necessity, i too have a '79 DOHC in progress. check out my incomplete, half-assed thread in the build forum under (under catboy's 750 on page 2).

big is an understatement.

i spend more and more time at www.cb1100f.net for invaluable technical info on the DOHCs.

it's good to meet someone with a DOHC. there's all of about maybe 10 of us on this board, and that's being generous.

welcome.

"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
237 Posts
quote:
Last I recall, that thing was apart. Any progress?
Not really, between both jobs and no extra money I've had no time nor money to do anything really worth posting about, right now I'm trying to save up money for beater car cause I don't want to drive my 442 in another winter. I'm working on mainly detail stuff when I can, cleaning bolts, polishing parts, painting small things individually, ect.

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey psyco and catboy i checked out both of your builds while i was lurking....very cool the cb100 site is a great site too. psyco how dd you widen the (oh no) clubmans? cut and weld in a plug? good luck guys. hoodrat

·
Registered
237 Posts
I cut it right in the middle, stretched them out till they cleared my tank, then I measured them and cut up my old set of handle bars and welded them inbetween the clubmans halves. I think I ended up widening them 4", don't quote me on that cause that was like last year when I did that lol

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

1 - 9 of 9 Posts