Discussion Starter #1
Rebuild the Wall

Pink Floyd's "The Wall" done in bluegrass

totally sick and twisted enough I gotta have it

can listen to it on Rhapsody.com

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Pink Floyd? seriously? that stuff hurts my ears. But to each his own.
since this looks like it will be another music thread like we had about 6 months ago, i have a recommendation for anyone that likes good indie mountain bluegrass stuff. Seabear - i think they are from Norway, but i've really been listening to them a lot this week and can't get enough.
but yeah, pink floyd and Jim morrison both kill me. sorry if i offend.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh but they are musical genius and I am sorry to point out this does strongly indicate extreme trauma done unto you during your childhood and other things too also indicate just how severely warped and deviant an individual is

yanno...... like the toss in the sheets with a CX honda

I wasn't gonna say anything but since you just had to go there

nothing personal

just facts ;)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
we just differ here brother. Maybe its the age differnce. Maybe its the drugs that i was too young to do when Floyd was on the airwaves. or it could be that they suck. LOL
i might still check it out for my love of bluegrass.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
David Lee Roth has a bluegrass cd out that's all Van Halen covers.

...no shit.....

Not bad either.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Pink Floyd, Bluegrass? The greatest band of the 20th century. The best words of the 20th century? And some orifice puts it to bluegrass? That has me reaching for the shotgun. Words fail me. The only thing I can think of is this. Its about the only comparison that can be made.

By weslake at 2007-11-09

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i used to think that too much time on your hands eventually yielded some usefull self editting.
-parks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
we don't need no thought control, now swing your partner and doeseedoe, hey teacher! leave those kids alone, yee haa........ sounds pretty good to me.

Tell me that poor A7 doesn't need an airbrushed prism with that lame rainbow on the tank.

cheers, bcr

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not a fan of it either but I found this so whacky I had to get it on the way

haven't heard the reggae floyd or dread zepplin

·
Registered
22 Posts
the reggae version is the easy dub allstars (i think)and dread zepplin is a cover band that does zepplin covers with a lead singer whos an elvis impersonator fucking brilliant (sic)
ive heard them do floyd

·
Registered
18 Posts
quote:Originally posted by HackAsaw

Rebuild the Wall

Pink Floyd's "The Wall" done in bluegrass

totally sick and twisted enough I gotta have it

can listen to it on Rhapsody.com
I have this album. It is fantastic. I listen to it like once a week. I actually might even like it better then the original, which yeah, I know is blasphemic (is that even a word), but I'm still amazed at how well done it is.

quote:Hoofhearted Posted - Jul 02 2008 : 7:23:35 PM Pink Floyd, Bluegrass? The greatest band of the 20th century. The best words of the 20th century? And some orifice puts it to bluegrass? That has me reaching for the shotgun. Words fail me. The only thing I can think of is this. Its about the only comparison that can be made.
Give it a try before shooting it down. You might actually like it.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
am I the only one who thinks that BSA looks so ugly and punk rock that it is fun?

seriously hoof, not every thing needs to be pretty to be fun and cool or whatever.

And floyd totally sucks. Roger Waters is a douche. And who ever thought those pink floyd lazer light shows they used to do in every small town in america in the 1990s needs several swift kicks in the nads.

·
Registered
18 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

am I the only one who thinks that BSA looks so ugly and punk rock that it is fun?
no, not the only one. I like it too, 'cause it looks like something frankenstein's monster would ride.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You guys weren't the ones who took the really fat gal to the prom and thought it was cool? :)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Hoofhearted

You guys weren't the ones who took the really fat gal to the prom and thought it was cool? :)
oh yeah because how it looks is soooooo much more important than how it rides.

actually I took two fat chicks to the prom....and it was cool...

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Depending on your definition, I took a fat girl to two proms... and had fun both times. She was/is really pretty, regardless of her weifgt.

Roger Waters is a douche, and so is David Gilmour, but Floyd is second to none in my book (Umma Gumma is my current favourite). "The Wall" however, is probably one of their weakest records. I still know every note, beat & lyrid on it, tho. And I never went to any of the Floyd laser shows, but 20yrs ago I really wanted to.

Saw a Van Halen laser show at MSU, once.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts