Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
don't put .com on it. if someone sees that sticker they will know it has something to do with motorcycles and if they are interested the will put lloyd vintage in to the ol google, and if your site it set up right your site will be the first item to be found.

also the grip at first glance to me looked like a buttplug, but to be fair I was also scrolling past it, and i wont even go in to the other two shown with the buttplug...i mean grip.

But back to the original sticker, I dont love it, the bike or the type feels out of place. they dont mesh well. the bike is flowing almost moving, and the type is a brick wall being held in by those two lines further suggesting a corner of a building.
Personally I would either make the type more fluid, or the bike more solid. Or find a better contrasting type for the bike.

I agree with Judey, everything they side is spot on. Not to steal your thunder I am a graphic designer, I would also be willing help out weather its just bring to life Judeys sketches or taking a swing at it myself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just because everyone has the programs doesn't make them an expert.

I graduated in the top third from one of best school in the country for graphic design. Not only that I have a job in my field. I have worked with and for, huge agencies and have some high profile clients. So when I say I am a graphic designer, I actually mean it and can back it up.

quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

everyone's a graphic designer these days...

·
Registered
148 Posts

I graduated in the top third from one of best school in the country for graphic design. Not only that I have a job in my field. I have worked with and for, huge agencies and have some high profile clients. So when I say I am a graphic designer, I actually mean it and can back it up.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jimmyBK

Whether you are or not is of no significance to me. Your feedback isn't bad, so your work likely isn't either. I really don't care, and I wasn't aiming at any one person.

As for your comments about the branding, it's not that you're wrong, it's that Corey didn't ask for feedback on the logo for his business. If and when Corey wants to redesign the logo, I'm sure plenty of designers would be up to the task.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jimmyBK

Whether you are or not is of no significance to me. Your feedback isn't bad, so your work likely isn't either. I really don't care, and I wasn't aiming at any one person.

As for your comments about the branding, it's not that you're wrong, it's that Corey didn't ask for feedback on the logo for his business. If and when Corey wants to redesign the logo, I'm sure plenty of designers would be up to the task.

·
Registered
148 Posts
He asked for feed back on his sticker, yes. his sticker is his logo, so in turn he is asking about his logo.
I never said I want to redesign his logo, or redo his branding.
I said, just as Judey did that I would be will to assist with the sticker.

·
Registered
148 Posts
He asked for feed back on his sticker, yes. his sticker is his logo, so in turn he is asking about his logo.
I never said I want to redesign his logo, or redo his branding.
I said, just as Judey did that I would be will to assist with the sticker.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
So somethings to consider...

First off, that logo is really nice looking. Clean and elegant, matches the overall feel of your site too.

The '.com' could be small and located on the gas tank like an emblem might on a real bike.

Last bit....are you going to have them printed or cut from sign vinyl? The reason I ask, all that delicate line work is lovely to look at but REALLY difficult to deal with when making a cut vinyl decal. Weeding out all the excess will likely take a large number of your 'raw' stickers with it. Most all cutters will do some kind of jig at tight corners and points like what are present in the tires in your artwork. That can lead to incomplete cutting, thus the possibility of losing that bit when they are weeded. Now, unless you're actually cutting them yourself and weeding them and setting the transfer tape in place it won't be much impact other than the time and frustration on the manufacturing side of the equation likely bumping your cost up.

Printed is likely the better choice for you.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
So somethings to consider...

First off, that logo is really nice looking. Clean and elegant, matches the overall feel of your site too.

The '.com' could be small and located on the gas tank like an emblem might on a real bike.

Last bit....are you going to have them printed or cut from sign vinyl? The reason I ask, all that delicate line work is lovely to look at but REALLY difficult to deal with when making a cut vinyl decal. Weeding out all the excess will likely take a large number of your 'raw' stickers with it. Most all cutters will do some kind of jig at tight corners and points like what are present in the tires in your artwork. That can lead to incomplete cutting, thus the possibility of losing that bit when they are weeded. Now, unless you're actually cutting them yourself and weeding them and setting the transfer tape in place it won't be much impact other than the time and frustration on the manufacturing side of the equation likely bumping your cost up.

Printed is likely the better choice for you.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts