Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up an old gilera but it has a magneto with wrong color wires that have been cut they are green, yellow and black
i dont have a puller so i cant see where theyre coming from
this bike has parts of ducati and of aprilla that ive seen and i was told that the mag was out of a puch but not sure
my question is (so i dont miswire) is to what do these specific wires route to
any ideas ? im assuming green is pos to coil, black is neg at coil and terminal yellow to resistor but im not sure
help before i fuck something up

·
Registered
204 Posts
Aprilla and Ducati were making all types of electronic parts for their fascist dictatorship, lots of common parts on lots of little italian motorbikes. maybe you should look around on the internet and find a group that is more familiar with little italian bikes and fascist electronics, sunshine. snooty attitudes are usually reserved for people with actual running italian bikes

·
Registered
687 Posts
hey man, name calling really isn't necessary. apparently none of us have the info you require...

i forget myself sometimes...

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
gggilera,
You seem like a decent enough guy in your other posts, so how come you come across as such a dick in this one? I will have to assume that your "fucktard" comment was not meant seriously. That being the case, I couldn't begin to guess how to wire a maybe Puch ( Austrian) mag into a Gilers (Italian that may have at least 2 other brands mixed in).
Is there a manufacturers name on the mag like Bosch or Marelli? that might help.

So, welcome to the board.

Ken
P.S. If the "fucktard" was serious, then too bad for you.

K

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I have a friend who is wiring up a Gilera 124 now. He has a wiring diagram an electrical engineer friend made up for him. Of course it most likly will not work but I will ask him for a copy. But, if the wire colors are wrong it wouldn't be much help.

He had a BIG problem finding a puller for either the mag or the clutch basket or both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts