Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is right, after over 6 months of building, i got to take my first ride on the bike yesterday! It shifts awesome, the clutch wasn't frozen or anything, and then it was time for me to hit the country road. the kick starter doesn't work because it hits the rear sets (i haven't bent it yet) so i bumped started it (they bump start sooooo easy!) and headed off. i went for a quick ride, hit 70mph, and figured out really quick that my rear brakes weren't working like they should. i turned around, headed back to the shop and was complaining about how it wouldn't clean out...when i realized i left the choke on. so i went out for another spin with the choke off and it ran better, but still super rich from 3-8k. the brake is a problem with my mounting plate. it is flexing too much to let me get a lot of power on the master cylinder, so we are making a backing plate for that, and i'm going to go by the shop to get jets. everybody told me that with the pods and chambers that i would need a 220-240 main jet, the largest i had was 200. well, i found out yesterday that 115's came out of it (it was bone stock before it was given to me) so we are going to go to a 160 jet and see if that is about right. but it was sooo awesom to be on the bike. all systems are go other than the rear brake. the fork dives a bit much for my taste, but some pre-load spacers will cure that i think. even though i'm not done with the bike, i just wanted to thank everybody here for the support, suggestions, comments and tips that i needed during my build. you guys played a big part in this build. i'll try to get pics of me riding the bike when i go pick up the bike this week.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
my attempts to read the pictures you posted have thus far been very unsatisfying

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what, you couldn't read my pictures? i saw everything as if i was there. must be something wrong with your computer. i will get pics of it being ridden by the end of the week...PROMISE! I'm taking a new job next week and will be working 4 10's, so since you are pretty close hack, and i have a lot of riding to catch up on, i might venture out one friday morning and stop by and check out your collection. that is...if you would be kind enough to have me as a guest.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
come on, you do know where I am, correct?

you should also have my phone number, it's very easy to get

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eh, all i know is that you are an hour north and east of nashville. PM me and address and i can get it figured out how i am going to get there from paducah. your number is in your profile, so i can warn you before i start heading your way! LOL! thanks for the invite

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
click on my thread link in my signature, it has all the pictures that i have currently. i was up till 11:30 last night loading things up!!!

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Nice work bro!

I'm diggin the wheels.

Now put some number plates on that bad boy and do an endurance race.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i had another street bike, i would consider racing it, but this is all i have for the street, so its staying street only. if i want to race, i have my boss framed rotax flattracker to go scratch around the dirt on (and my motocross bike too) thanks for the compliments!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts