Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about making my CB500 a kicker only? I'm pretty much clueless on what it would take to get it as such. I just want to shed the weight and think kickers are cool.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
take off the starter and plug the hole in the case. Remove all the chain/gears involved in cranking the motor, pull wiring out of the harness.

Should be about it...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will I need a gel pack or capaciter to avoid blowing the lights and such?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had figured on removing the battery or getting something as tiny as possible. Trying to shed the weight and hollow the bike out. I'm not running turn indicators, just a headlight and taillight.

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
i think the 500... think... it has a permanent magnet rotor, so it will generate voltage without a field exciter current. the honda regulators of that era were thermo-electric, and used a metal element that moved a conductor, so that when the voltage rose to a set number, the system cut out the voltage from the alternator. in theory, this should still work the same with a much smaller battery. headlights do draw large current though, so depending on the discharge capacity of the battery you want to use, you might want to wire in a headlight switch to turn it off when starting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts