Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so i look at bikes that are still stock and then look at cafe bikes.... the cafe bikes just look so simple and empty, just engine, frame, and a seat. whereas a stock bike has a bunch of wiring mess everywhere, panels, big fenders, ect. i am wondering what i can and cant take out to make a bike look 'empty' like i was talking about... and also, can you take out the electric start on a bike? if so, how much of a pain is it???

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
tonupoakland - Do you have pictures of your R69S and Duc? Post them or direct me to where you may have post them in the past. (my attempt to change the subject of this thread).

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
tonupoakland - Do you have pictures of your R69S and Duc? Post them or direct me to where you may have post them in the past. (my attempt to change the subject of this thread).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yo Pete -

Here are a few pics...the Ducati is a work in progress. I got it as a big ol turd, but the motor is strong. I'm just finishing a whole new front end with a Cerianni 35mm GP dual disc setup, 10" discs, AP Racing calipers, Morrad wheel and billet hub, Tomaselli clip-ons, polished triple clamps...looks amazing. Have also ripped off the shitty tires, repaired the stator, did some work on the carb, all new cables, etc. Basically just made it rideable before I start the real work of ripping it down, paint, new tank, seats, fenders, etc. Once I get the front end back from my machine ship I'll put up a thread in the projects section.

The BMW I'm keeping bone stock...she's all original and is a beauty. I need to give it a top end soon, and will probably do the slingers as well. The only thing not pictured here is the addition of a matching Denfield rear seat.

Also in one of the photos is my '58 Vespa...upgraded to a 200cc motor, 4 speed transmission. It's pretty damn quick on those little 8" tires!

Lastly - a few Ducati single pics for inspiration. The green one is what I'm modeling mine on, and the red one...well...that's just fuckin hot. Love the exhaust.

Anyhow - enjoy!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yo Pete -

Here are a few pics...the Ducati is a work in progress. I got it as a big ol turd, but the motor is strong. I'm just finishing a whole new front end with a Cerianni 35mm GP dual disc setup, 10" discs, AP Racing calipers, Morrad wheel and billet hub, Tomaselli clip-ons, polished triple clamps...looks amazing. Have also ripped off the shitty tires, repaired the stator, did some work on the carb, all new cables, etc. Basically just made it rideable before I start the real work of ripping it down, paint, new tank, seats, fenders, etc. Once I get the front end back from my machine ship I'll put up a thread in the projects section.

The BMW I'm keeping bone stock...she's all original and is a beauty. I need to give it a top end soon, and will probably do the slingers as well. The only thing not pictured here is the addition of a matching Denfield rear seat.

Also in one of the photos is my '58 Vespa...upgraded to a 200cc motor, 4 speed transmission. It's pretty damn quick on those little 8" tires!

Lastly - a few Ducati single pics for inspiration. The green one is what I'm modeling mine on, and the red one...well...that's just fuckin hot. Love the exhaust.

Anyhow - enjoy!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yah, its not far off...the tank and seat however need to change. The tank is currently not held on at all, and has a tennis ball as the crossbar stop. The seat isn't really my style...but other than the above mentioned there really isn't that much else to do!! Will definitely do some different gearing with the sprockets and chain, need to hook up a speedo and tach in dual-pod fashion...but yeah, its there! Been 6 months of work to find all the parts for the front end.

Cheers -
alan

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yah, its not far off...the tank and seat however need to change. The tank is currently not held on at all, and has a tennis ball as the crossbar stop. The seat isn't really my style...but other than the above mentioned there really isn't that much else to do!! Will definitely do some different gearing with the sprockets and chain, need to hook up a speedo and tach in dual-pod fashion...but yeah, its there! Been 6 months of work to find all the parts for the front end.

Cheers -
alan

·
Registered
54 Posts
tsmitty025 - These guys are giving you a hard time because building a cafe racer - or customizing anything, for that matter - is all about you and what you want.

If your bike already has a kickstarter, and you can start it, then yes, you can probably remove the electric starter. See this thread:
http://www.caferacer.net/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10146

That might be something to consider on my little 200 somewhere up the road. I'd never considered it, before. I've never owned a bike I could start manually. I'm a wimp. ;)

I bought this bike

So I could turn it into this bike (with mods)

This has been my only ride for many years, now:

http://www.pbase.com/tomfarr/image/102573776/large]

tonupoakland - I love them all! That scooter must rock! [8D]

The Ducati engine is beautiful!

And what can you say about the R69S? You have the best of the best! [:p]

·
Registered
54 Posts
tsmitty025 - These guys are giving you a hard time because building a cafe racer - or customizing anything, for that matter - is all about you and what you want.

If your bike already has a kickstarter, and you can start it, then yes, you can probably remove the electric starter. See this thread:
http://www.caferacer.net/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10146

That might be something to consider on my little 200 somewhere up the road. I'd never considered it, before. I've never owned a bike I could start manually. I'm a wimp. ;)

I bought this bike

So I could turn it into this bike (with mods)

This has been my only ride for many years, now:

http://www.pbase.com/tomfarr/image/102573776/large]

tonupoakland - I love them all! That scooter must rock! [8D]

The Ducati engine is beautiful!

And what can you say about the R69S? You have the best of the best! [:p]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts