Cafe Racer Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2242 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I'm conflicted. The single-sided swingarm one is wretched. The Tracy body one could be cool. He's not clear what you get for the three grand listing price, however.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I'm conflicted. The single-sided swingarm one is wretched. The Tracy body one could be cool. He's not clear what you get for the three grand listing price, however.

How did they make the photos for that add so bad.
:cautious: looks like a picture of a cell phone screen, taken by another cell phone that has the lens covered in K-Y.
... on a sunny day.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Seriously ?.....

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Seriously ?.....
$10,000 US dollars?! I’ve pulled better looking trash out of dumpsters!!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
$10,000 US dollars?! I’ve pulled better looking trash out of dumpsters!!!
I ran across this one the other day, you can have it for only $16,500.

At least we know that not all the fools are on our side of the pond.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Another bike somebody custom chopped for themselves
and now it is just to his liking tries to sell it, that's how great it turned out.

It was *** awesome fun riding in the woods today :cool:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Another bike somebody custom chopped for themselves
and now it is just to his liking tries to sell it, that's how great it turned out.

It was *** awesome fun riding in the woods today :cool:
I bet it was fun, any snow is pretty firm packed. Probably enough ice to keep you paying attention as well.

I actually took the 800 monster out for a brisk (more like frickin' cold) blast down the highway, this morning, before our side road started thawing for the day. Nice salt film on the hwy, surprisingly slippery for salt, I need to rinse it off when it warms up this week.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
View attachment 104388

$15,900???

lol
OK, that is a bit much in the $$ department. And I’m usually one to hate on these bikes because they are done solely for appearance.... but the m not hating this one. There was a lot of thought put in the details here, and many of the common pitfalls weren’t fallen into. The bracing on the swing arm looks good, it has actual fenders, fork brace (Tarozzi even), rear sets, CR carbs, good rims... and tires that, while they aren’t good sticky buns, are proper MC tires. He claims the front end is stock. If that’s true, it has been modified for dual discs. I’m not certain if lowering the front that much is excessive, but that may or may not be an issue with the altered riding position (or if the forks are actually from another bike). And the external springs? Meh.
The hydraulic clutch mod looks legit, though!

Reactions: jcw

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
did he use two RFY shocks on that?
Can't quite make out the label on the remote reservoir

Edit: Nevermind.

Halfway decent bike, but so much effort for something so mediocre.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Agreed on both sets of points...
I guess what I find laughable is this will never ride, handle, accelerate or brake anywhere near what the price of admission suggests.
The bike is not rare bike restoration or even desirable one.
Who's gonna be the next chump that pays this much for a Toyota corolla?

OK, that is a bit much in the $$ department. And I’m usually one to hate on these bikes because they are done solely for appearance.... but the m not hating this one. There was a lot of thought put in the details here, and many of the common pitfalls weren’t fallen into. The bracing on the swing arm looks good, it has actual fenders, fork brace (Tarozzi even), rear sets, CR carbs, good rims... and tires that, while they aren’t good sticky buns, are proper MC tires. He claims the front end is stock. If that’s true, it has been modified for dual discs. I’m not certain if lowering the front that much is excessive, but that may or may not be an issue with the altered riding position (or if the forks are actually from another bike). And the external springs? Meh.
The hydraulic clutch mod looks legit, though!
did he use two RFY shocks on that?
Can't quite make out the label on the remote reservoir

Edit: Nevermind.

Halfway decent bike, but so much effort for something so mediocre.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I guess what I find laughable is this will never ride, handle, accelerate or brake anywhere near what the price of admission suggests.
Since you asked. But at least this has decent shocks......

Reactions: jcw and woodsman

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That is the interesting part of the build, who buys it? Will the new owner haul it around to shows and boast about the guy that made it? WTF is it's point? That's $20k north of the 49th, that buys a lot of bike up here.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
That is the interesting part of the build, who buys it? Will the new owner haul it around to shows and boast about the guy that made it? WTF is it's point? That's $20k north of the 49th, that buys a lot of bike up here.
16K will almost get you my '75 Z1 lol

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
not a CL ad but still.

Just say no. For the love of dog, WTF? And the price? Where the fuck were all these Ducati worshippers when I was selling MY bikes. This thing is hideous and at over $19k? Plus fees? FOR THIS?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
not a CL ad but still.

Just say no. For the love of dog, WTF? And the price? Where the fuck were all these Ducati worshippers when I was selling MY bikes. This thing is hideous and at over $19k? Plus fees? FOR THIS?

It is truly a bizarre phenomenon, people are paying ridiculous sums for awful motorcycles. I can never remember a time like it with anything of value.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
It is truly a bizarre phenomenon, people are paying ridiculous sums for awful motorcycles. I can never remember a time like it with anything of value.
The Orange County Chopper, Big Dawg, West Coast Chopper era? There was STUPID money for worthless bikes flying all over the place.....

2221 - 2240 of 2242 Posts