Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2218 Posts

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i just showed that last pic to stan.....he wanted to know if the seller was doing a napoleon thing with his hand in his pocket.

too funny!

tex

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
He included that last pic just to prove that motorcycles get you chicks (since that jacket isn't doing him any favors). Unfortunately his sister who posed for it took offense at the pic and its inference moments after it was taken, espically since he tried to cop a cheap feel.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
quote:Anything that wasn't needed on the frame was removed. Frame has been molded
so let me get this straigh, you removed weight to go faster (including the passenger peg mounts which you could have used for rearsets) and then you added a shit ton of weight in the form of bondo to make the hidden parts of the frame smoother? fucking retard. and you added the heavy half pressed half tube stock honda 4 into 1 exhaust? really? I guess all the weight he lost was in his wallet, his part of the brain that controls good taste, and his wasitline cuz it sure ain't on the bike.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
actually that's what i'm talking about.......i hope his wife lights the bed on fire while he sleeps tonight.

i can't stand the misogyny.....the disrespect is just sad and pathetic!

tex

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
To suggest I might have remained happily married to my ex simply by (very liberal) application of liposuction does fat women everywhere a great disservice.

Yes, that guy is a tool. However, the bike's not so bad it couldn't be saved via (very liberal) use of black paint (everything that's currently red) and a decent looking seat (Does nobody appreciate proper proportion?) - at least he has rearsets to match his clubmans. Bad paint scheme & ugly seat notwithstanding, you'd safety-wire it and go racing, no? Ad made me laugh a couple times ("Surprisingly, the drum brakes work very well" - Ummm, yeah. Right).

Bike is so ugly due to bad paint scheme, I take back everything I just said. Tex, you're 100% correct.

(I still laughed nonetheless)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
quote:Originally posted by texmawby

actually that's what i'm talking about.......i hope his wife lights the bed on fire while he sleeps tonight.

i can't stand the misogyny.....the disrespect is just sad and pathetic!

tex
Remember, the guy was writing ad copy. He may have been making a bad joke just to get attention. His wife might actually be a total hottie, with a somewhat coarse sense of humor, who thought it was funny too. In that case, it wouldn't be misogyny so much as a satire of misogyny.

·
Registered
968 Posts
http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/1891915629.html

For sale is a 1981 Honda CM400E. The DMV says it's actually a K, but what do they know. It's got 6375 miles on it and I am the third owner. The original owner had it for 27 years, died, then the bike was auctioned off to the guy I bought it from. Bike runs well enough for a 30 year old motorcycle. I bought it in April 2010 with the intention of riding it around for the summer before I move back overseas. The bike has served me well and the only reason I am selling is because my father does not want it sitting in his garage for the next few years while I am away.

The good - resealed the gas tank, rust will never be a problem with it. Original seat, plastic, etc in great shape.

The bad - it is a 30 year old bike. It could use a tuneup which, because this is a dual carb setup, requires two of every tool. The paint on the gas tank needs to be redone at some point, but if you don't care about looks, it should be fine.

Anyway, it's been a good bike, driven it from Omaha to Lincoln on a regular basis, no troubles keeping up on the highway or interstate.

$850

The only double tool required is the poster.

21 - 40 of 2218 Posts