Cafe Racer Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 2222 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
So I watched about 20 episodes of their journey across the country and back... and I have to say... that's pretty impressive. They rode their shitty bikes from the east coast to the west coast... and back again, and dealt with every shitty thing that happened to them. I gotta respect that.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Here's a Cl ad I know y'all will appreciate!

Screenshot 2014-05-02 11.58.42.png

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I was just trying to think of a good avatar for you. That sounds like a good one!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I just tried to change it and clearly I have no idea how to make something my avatar. I also don't know how to change my signature. I am tech tard.

Also, and maybe I am just slow on this but I am now "senior member" and not the old fashioned "hot pants super model" or "big titted sex machine" I used to be in the old board. I remember when the awful titles were half the fun of this place. And now there are two tears.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Scary that you can work on bikes, but can't update your avatar...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I think Ichiban should respond to that ad
I sent him the ad and told him he was the only one we knew of that was qualified to do this kind of work.:)
He said he had already replied to the guy and that he would do all the work for $1 including parts and submit the video to the Cafe Racer TV show. He is currently waiting for the guy to reply.:)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
so street-fighters are just called cafe racers now in England? Didn't you guys like invent some part of this hobby or something, you know like carpy's dad built the first one or something like that.

just looking at that ad forces me to ask....do they have trailer (caravan) parks in Ol' blighty? not campgrounds, places where the caravan is on blocks and people live permanently.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Motorcycle News ought to have some `code of conduct` and refuse to advertise the likes of this for the sake of decency. Id love to organise a whip round to buy something like this and crush it in a press while handing the last dodgy tenner over to the seller

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
just looking at that ad forces me to ask....do they have trailer (caravan) parks in Ol' blighty? not campgrounds, places where the caravan is on blocks and people live permanently.
....Oh yes, we have them. Caravan parks and also illegal gypsy campgrounds are a plenty in Old Blighty

·
Registered
522 Posts
so street-fighters are just called cafe racers now in England? Didn't you guys like invent some part of this hobby or something, you know like carpy's dad built the first one or something like that.

just looking at that ad forces me to ask....do they have trailer (caravan) parks in Ol' blighty? not camp grounds, places where the caravan is on blocks and people live permanently.
Yer we do, we also have estates, like low income housing areas were poverty and crime go hand in hand and they're pretty depressing places. More accurate to the trailer parks are probably the Pikeys (derogatory) or Gypsy's - Irish traveller communities that set up caravans and portable homes without planning consent.

We also have traditional trailer parks but I don't think that they're inherently crime or poverty hotspots.. think they're more catered toward the elderly... though I may be dead wrong.

1001 - 1020 of 2222 Posts