Cafe Racer Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 2218 Posts

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
Ever hear how that bike is coming along?
i remember seeing the motor all apart, think a broken crank?
i also finger fucked the internals, because just the parts are to cool not to touch.
never heard one run, but I'm sure it's epic.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
if you are really into the "tech" marvel side of things more than the actual racing or bikes the evolution of the RC111 50cc racer from a 5 speed single street based bike to the RC114 is fantastic, esp when you consider it is a 4 stroke single with a nine speed gear box capable of 105 mph (170km/h). other 50ccs like the suzuki were in the 100mph range but they are two strokers, honda did it with a 4 valve, DOHC 4 stroke that spun to 23,000 rpm. and they kept going with the RC115 (1965) and RC116 (1966) before giving up on 50cc racing for the 67 season. The RC114 is the milestone as that set the "type". Before that bike honda was radically redesigning things, once they hit the RC114 the RC115 and 116 were just improvements on that basic architecture.

I have never seen one run, and I could never ride one but I can only imagine 13-15 hp out of a 50cc looks and sounds like at 100mph.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Ever hear how that bike is coming along?
i remember seeing the motor all apart, think a broken crank?
i also finger fucked the internals, because just the parts are to cool not to touch.
never heard one run, but I'm sure it's epic.
I was at Daytona with Nobby the year that it stopped with "ignition troubles". Like most I was just another hanger on, helping out a little and happy to spend my own cash to hang around with guys like Roper and Nobby and to meet Redman and Ago and just be a part of something very special.

As I recall it there was a non standard "bulge" under the right side of the barrels that was clearly made by a rod trying to break out and run away to freedom. After that teh crank went to California IIRC and last I heard it was tied up in some legal/payment/whatever dispute of which I have zero details and not a lot more scuttlebutt. The sounds is truly something ear drum shattering and yet sounds so "right". I think it was Don Canet that rode it at Steamboat and it sounded incredible around that street circuit.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
I think all the parts are home now and things resolved. Not to drag Nobby's name through the mud but I don't remember if this was part of that whole kerfuffle with him and Rob. I do remember the first time I was ever invited over to TO, it was by a friend who had been tasked with "finding" all the parts that had been scattered around the shop. I believe this was in their old shop.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I think all the parts are home now and things resolved. Not to drag Nobby's name through the mud but I don't remember if this was part of that whole kerfuffle with him and Rob. I do remember the first time I was ever invited over to TO, it was by a friend who had been tasked with "finding" all the parts that had been scattered around the shop. I believe this was in their old shop.
Let's not go there. It opens up a whole discussion of whether good people doing bad things is the same as bad people doing bad things and other related philosophical discussions.

Time to get back to great deals on C/L like this one 1972 honda cb 175 RUNS - 1300 MILES! CHOPPER / CAFE RACER / BOBBER

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Honda Other | eBay

"Newhouse Speed Shop" , as in paying for a new house? Beats me.

The winner of the " waiting for the sub-frame to collapse, of the month competition " is:

$_57 bros.jpg

What is good , or BAD about this thing? :

Is the café racer world now controlled by aliens?

Honda CB | eBay

Danger, is my business.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
if you are really into the "tech" marvel side of things more than the actual racing or bikes the evolution of the RC111 50cc racer from a 5 speed single street based bike to the RC114 is fantastic, esp when you consider it is a 4 stroke single with a nine speed gear box capable of 105 mph (170km/h). other 50ccs like the suzuki were in the 100mph range but they are two strokers, honda did it with a 4 valve, DOHC 4 stroke that spun to 23,000 rpm. and they kept going with the RC115 (1965) and RC116 (1966) before giving up on 50cc racing for the 67 season. The RC114 is the milestone as that set the "type". Before that bike honda was radically redesigning things, once they hit the RC114 the RC115 and 116 were just improvements on that basic architecture.

I have never seen one run, and I could never ride one but I can only imagine 13-15 hp out of a 50cc looks and sounds like at 100mph.
I've always wondered what the Suzuki 50cc twostroke GP triple would have sounded like.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
282 Posts
96cc dirt bike custom built
This bike was built from ground up. Needs TLC,but runs great.kicks off good too.looking to trade.what ya got.open to all offers.would like to keep it around the same type stuff or nice man toy.call chad 383_7494
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
That looks like it's got about 0" of trail. That looks stable!

1121 - 1140 of 2218 Posts