Cafe Racer Forum banner

161 - 180 of 2218 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
quote:Originally posted by steve barker

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/2247225950.html

Only $7,000. If you wanted fenders, a fork brace, decent air filters, turn signals, an actual brake light, a proper license plate mount, or a decent muffler not held on with hose clamps, that would be extra.
You forgot the kitchen cabinet hinge as seat mounts, and rear sets mounted with what looks to be self tapping screws... wow

·
Registered
865 Posts

Only $7,000. If you wanted fenders, a fork brace, decent air filters, turn signals, an actual brake light, a proper license plate mount, or a decent muffler not held on with hose clamps, that would be extra.
You forgot the kitchen cabinet hinge as seat mounts, and rear sets mounted with what looks to be self tapping screws... wow

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
i just hate that bike.

the stupid supermoto ish stance and the dumb paint
cheap o build and really what the hell is up with the shit seat?

only thing that keeps me from punching babies is that it some how means that my bikes are worth more....

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
i just hate that bike.

the stupid supermoto ish stance and the dumb paint
cheap o build and really what the hell is up with the shit seat?

only thing that keeps me from punching babies is that it some how means that my bikes are worth more....

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
quote:Originally posted by YucA

Christ. Emgo pods, those absolute shit 70 dollar chinese shocks... 7k? Crack has made a comeback.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
quote:Originally posted by YucA

Christ. Emgo pods, those absolute shit 70 dollar chinese shocks... 7k? Crack has made a comeback.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I like that orange 750. I think the seat needs a re-shape, and it needs a front fender, but I otherwise like it. Not for 7K, but I do like it. If it hadn't come from a "professional builder" I'd call it a decent effort.

* He did the rear brake correctly.

* It has rearsets.

* It doesn't have clubmans.

* Knee dents are a lifestyle choice.

* Pods are easily replaced.

Not sure if he lowered it. Maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I like that orange 750. I think the seat needs a re-shape, and it needs a front fender, but I otherwise like it. Not for 7K, but I do like it. If it hadn't come from a "professional builder" I'd call it a decent effort.

* He did the rear brake correctly.

* It has rearsets.

* It doesn't have clubmans.

* Knee dents are a lifestyle choice.

* Pods are easily replaced.

Not sure if he lowered it. Maybe.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
you gotta be fuckin' kidding me......$600.00 for a pair of cheng shin tires?!?!?!?!???

ya gotta love this line:

"THESE ARE FOR THE CONCOURS SHOW RESTORER"

a fool and his money!

oh, this one is a gem too:

"WE DON'T NEED TO SELL THESE

SO DO NOT CONTACT US WITH OFFERS !!!"

i have to resist the urge to write him now.

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Q: Why is shipping $300 on a pair of tires? That seems a little steep. Dec-05-10
A: The price on our website is $600 with flat rate shipping within the lower 48 states including shipping /handling/packing/insurance. On ebay we must pay additional fees for listing and 11% once it is sold. We did not however raise the price on ebay to cover these fees. The bottom line total price is what you need to consider. We feel $600 including shipping is a fair price for these rare tires and we have sold the few sets we had for this price, so we have found buyers are who are willing to pay this price to get a matched set of vintage tread tires which are no longer available. We are down to this last set...once they are gone...they are gone for good! Thanks for looking!

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
man....knowing this now, i could have gotten $3100 for my benelli just based on the rarity of the rubber.

i'm such an asshole!

tex

161 - 180 of 2218 Posts