Cafe Racer Forum banner

Making fun of CL ads makes me feel better

350K views 2K replies 192 participants last post by  Tinsnips 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Can we include ebay in it as well?

DOUCHETASTIC!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...iewItem&pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item20b12cbbf1

quote:I am selling it because I got a ticket. I saw a Nissan GTR and made the foolish decision to show off. 102mph while wearing a t-shirt and an open faced helmet, two days in jail, a whole lot of money, and a guilty conscience have given you the opportunity to purchase this custom bike. As you read the rest of this description, keep in mind my feedback. I have sold many things on ebay, and 100% positive feedback is not maintained by someone that is anything less than brutally honest. So, here it is- both good and bad.

yeah it is basically a detuned stock bike with knee dents for $6K.

#8 ·
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Can we include ebay in it as well?

DOUCHETASTIC!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...iewItem&pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item20b12cbbf1

quote:I am selling it because I got a ticket. I saw a Nissan GTR and made the foolish decision to show off. 102mph while wearing a t-shirt and an open faced helmet, two days in jail, a whole lot of money, and a guilty conscience have given you the opportunity to purchase this custom bike. As you read the rest of this description, keep in mind my feedback. I have sold many things on ebay, and 100% positive feedback is not maintained by someone that is anything less than brutally honest. So, here it is- both good and bad.

yeah it is basically a detuned stock bike with knee dents for $6K.
And ugly, to boot....

#10 ·
wait is this guy asking a legit price?

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/1775428987.html

Its time to rearrange the collection a little bit and make room for a new aquisition. So, I am going to part with a few bikes. First is a an original unmolested 1977 CB750 K model Honda. This is an unrestored 3,800 mile bike that has been inside in a collection for the past 28 years. It has never been apart. The tires it was delivered with are still on it. Tank has no rust and there is absolutely no pitting on the chrome. It has been oiled and fueled as well as all brakes gone through so that it can be test ridden. I have put about 30 miles on it in the past few weeks to run some new fuel and cleaner through the system. It started right up and only need to have a little carb adjustment. If it is to be ridden any length in the future I would balance the carbs more accurately. And I would put new tires on it. I would recommend not as this is too original, it should be in a collection and keep as clean as it is now. I don't think this will go down in value as the are really starting to climb in value especially true low milage bikes like this. It is 33 years old. Price is a little negotiable but please dont offer me 4,000, it just tells me you don't know what your looking at. If you are serious call me and come look at it. When this bike goes I will be listing a 1981 CBX with 7,000 miles that is all original and super clean. Not a school bike as most are. Price for that will be about the same. If you want to start a good Honda collection make me an offer on both. I will check email occasionally or you can call at 609-332-7952.

#11 ·
no he isn't, this is like trying to sell a pinto/stag for $15,000 because it is a Classic mustang. Sure it has the 302 v-8 that the earlier cars had but it is butt ugly and everybody knows it is a pinto. Same thing here, these are the last of the line of SOHC bikes, where they got heavier, larger, and only marginally more powerful. Few want them because they are ugly. I have one with 5000 original miles and I will be lucky if that bikes brings $2500, so don't offer him $4000 because it inuslts him too much? ok, keep the freaking thing. I know these bikes pretty well inside and out and I wouldn't offer him $4000, I would offer him less.

#12 ·
Thats basically what i thought. Not really looking to buy anything (other than maybe a thruxton) I'm just perusing CL and Ebay to get a sense of what ppl are valuing their own bikes are (and their crazy level) / and to get a sense of valuing these bikes.

Appreciate the help again.

#13 ·
The economy is shitty right now which means you will see a lot more bikes up for sale. Now you will see the I really need the money bikes, and also the I know what I have and could use the money bikes. The first types usually can be had cheap but are rarely bikes you ever really want cause the good ones are sold to a friend of a friend before the ads hit CL, the other types are bikes you usually want but at prices that are flat retarded. Sometimes it makes sense to buy anyway (Hailwood replica) and sometimes it doesn't (5000 original mile cb750).

I always use the completed items on ebay to really look at prices because that is how much someone is willing to pay for something.

#14 ·
What the living 8500 dollar shitfuck is wrong with this guy? This cannot be real.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/1794286941.html

quote:
VINTAGE CAFE RACER FOR SALE.
+++faster than a non-running bike+++

CAFE RACER engine upgrades:
CLEANED carb (OEM)
New Fuel petcock (OEM)
New Exhaust CHROME (OEM)
I did replace some of the bolt on parts that have gone bad. I know it's all good now because I did the engine work myself!
IT'S WAY FAST NOW - TRUE RACER!

List of CAFE RACER - MUST HAVE modifications:
CAFE RACER style seat!
CAFE RACER style handlebars!
SUPER-FAST!

NO LOW-BALLERS!!! I KNOW WHAT THE BIKE IS WORTH!

#16 ·
love it!

he knows what its worth because he saw one just like it on Barrett Jackson?

what are the cafe mods?
he says everything is OEM....lol

#20 ·
quote:Originally posted by Pinche Chingadera

Woke up this morning and found this gem. Reminded me of school pictures when they make you cock your head a certain way. I think he had these done at Glamour Shots or something.
http://appleton.craigslist.org/mcy/1799497047.html
"Its a blast to ride, and the only reason I am selling it is because I recently purchased a new harley."

Of course... of course he did...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.