Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you guys source the splined gear shift assembly and the splined brake pedal assembly parts needed to make rear sets? i can't find anything on the internet for a source. i'm got pegs and levers and threaded shank rod and clevis. but can't source the last two parts. btw, its for a cb750 k2.

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76 cb750

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
use parts from another linkaged bike. cl350 had a little one. or, you can simply flip your shifter lever over and ride gp shift. the rear brake usually isnt splined.

jc

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cl350 one is discontinued. do you think more modern bikes will have the same spline count and size?
On the brake, the pedal is splined, but the other end of the spline connects to the rod. do most just reroute that rod to the outside closer to the foot peg when adding rearsets?

sorry for all the questions, i'm at work and can't see my bike to work it out in my head.

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76 cb750

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I have the part you need from a cl350 (actually, I have a couple of 'em). Don't know if it will work on a cb750. The same part from a fzr fits my 350 motor, so you might be able to get one of those from a dealer.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
cbr929 and cbrf3 should have the same splined shaft for the shifter but I am not 100% sure of the year, but that will give you a good start. brakes are hydro so you are sol.

I usually attach the brake rod right to the pedal so this concept of a splined brake shaft is beyond me. If you wanted you can convert your cb750 rear to cable operation. Honda chopper has some plans for that in one of their forward control section.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
I'm pretty sure the spline pattern is universal, if only with the japanese brands. I use a Kawi lever on my honda. Aftermarket MX stuff is pretty easy to get, cheap, and well made.
if that is the case later h1 kawasaki's (1973-1976) have a really awsome shift linkage that you could pirate for your bike cheap. All you would need to do is use a threaded rod to make it longer but it has the ends and clips and everything.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I agree with Rosko on the shifter spline, although here may have been an older smaller pattern for the early 60s small bikes like the s65 and stuff. As far as the splined brake pedals, I don't know if they were standardized or not. Some bikes had them and some didn't. If possible I usually just shorten up the stock brake pedal as much as I can and use it. I have used brake pedals as short as 3 or 4 inches since thy don't do much good anyway. You can really stomp on a rear brake if you have too.

I just got a set of FZ600 footpegs, brackets and levers with shift linkage off e-bay for $10. they will work great for universal type rearsets. Check out e-bay.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Damn! Nice price & right around the corner. Could possibly be delivered to Road America? Would give me a hell of an excuse to go watch some racing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts