Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
a friend of mine studied metal working under him a while back. Loved it. I've seen his work in person numerous times (he did a tank for an NSU race bike that used to be in the old New Orleans shop where I hung out) and I have to say it blows my mind.

·
Registered
569 Posts
boy, I'll say...never ceases to amaze me how someone can hit something with a hammer and have something like that come out or a Ferrari fender, every time I hit something with a hammer it breaks...well not always..

d.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
546 Posts
Personally I think the Water Buffalo tail and tank look awesome but they may be a bit modern looking for some peoples tastes but that man is an artist wow is all i can say

-Kyle

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
what water buffalo tank?

if you are referring to the TR750 Seely, only the GT750s are called water buffalos since most of the suzuki race bikes were water cooled (like the TR500 and TR750 and TZ750) but thr GT was the only streetbike 2 stroke triple that was. A TR750 is based on a GT750 about as much as a TR500 is on a T500. As far as the bodywork, it is gorgeous and an excellent replica of the seely race bodywork.

Those old whale tails may look "futuristic" but they are old technology and you hardly ever see them anymore. What is surprising is that the factories began using them on race bikes to help supply downforce on banked tracks.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks for the correction Geeto I knew the GT750 was refered to as the water buffalo because of the reason you mentioned but when i looked up the TR on an image search on google a bunch were labeled water buffalo sorry for the confusion but yea that guy is amazing with sheet metal.

-Kyle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts