Cafe Racer Forum banner

161 - 162 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I think norton realised making in alloy wasn’t cost effective, I can tell you steel manx items weigh a lot less than alloy. Those alloy items are a thick casting. The top of the casting looks like it’s been machined so wouldn’t be surprise if the casting has been machined over.

Got to remember a 7000rpm garden gate manx is quite a destructive experience so no point making everything super light. In fact most riders would remove all this non essential cycle stuff and chuck it in the nearest ditch.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I'm still temped to use them on an garden gate Inter bitsa. It is a real collection of odds and ends so it will send the rivet counters into vapour lock anyway. I'm just slowly collecting and horse trading for the last few bits. Just about there. Gearbox is done. Cam box is ready to go together. I have my sack of shims and corks. This one had a lot of the cycle stuff tossed. The only thing I really miss is the rear fender flap. All of the other stuff that I want can be had relatively easily by comparison.

161 - 162 of 162 Posts