Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
interesting comparison to being drunk-stoned: When you're drunk, you want to go explore everyone's navel. When you're stoned, you just want to sit in a nice quiet place and study your own...

·
Registered
440 Posts
So your RC car results are better stoned. Maybe you should let NASCAR and SCORE know that and they will allow real racers to run stoned. Hell, get with the navy and airforce so the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds can fly stoned. May as well get with the neurosurgeon that did my spine surgery and tell him it's OK to work on people stoned.
It's no secret that some people perform better high. As for pilots, they are already high. Ever heard of go pills and the recurring problem between them and military pilots? Pot is not just a depressant. It is also an extreme stimulant for some people, providing focus and energy levels on par with doing a line of cocaine. Why do you think they give prescription speed to kids who are restless and have too much energy? Because drugs effect different people differently. And there are so many different strains of pot today, one will give you couch lock(video game and food cravings) while another strain will provide you with great creativity and/or motivation to get out and do something. It seems like you just don't know much about pot and have completely bought in to the propaganda driven into your brain. And I have had a friend in the past whose job it was to go into operating theaters and teach surgeons how to use cutting edge medical equipment. He established and grew his company while being one of the biggest pot heads I've ever known. I'd rather have a doctor in my brain who smoked a joint before going to bed last night than one who had to drink enough alcohol to reach the same level of relaxation or is on any kind of sleep medication.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
If you get a chance to see Tommy Chong's 420 Comedy show you'll laugh your ass off. They do a good job of explaining how pot is the friendliest drug and not a gateway. Ever seen a guy take a sip from his Jack and Coke and then offer a sip to his buddy? Ever watched a stoner, as soon as he hits the joint the first thing he does is offer it to the person next to him.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was amazed when I found out the kid was high as a kite when he wrecked his car.
As a lifelong stoner and racer, you should be ashamed of making such a statement. Having THC in your system in no way, shape or form means that you are high or determines the level of impairment. The level of acceptable drug that can be in your system as a driver in Washington is so low that a medical user can wake up after sleeping all night and still be considered too high to operate a motor vehicle. The science just isn't there and you can't say the kid was high without some kind of proof other than he had it in his system. And I hope Tony thinks about this kid every night before he goes to bed. I've watched that video over and over, and although there isn't enough evidence to prosecute, there's no doubt in my mind Tony got on the gas to scare the kid. He was the only car in that section of track who was on the gas and he did so at the worst possible time, approaching a fresh accident. He killed the kid, plain and simple.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you get a chance to see Tommy Chong's 420 Comedy show you'll laugh your ass off. They do a good job of explaining how pot is the friendliest drug and not a gateway. Ever seen a guy take a sip from his Jack and Coke and then offer a sip to his buddy? Ever watched a stoner, as soon as he hits the joint the first thing he does is offer it to the person next to him.
True. LOL I miss that about joints and bowls since I haven't actually burned anything in years. It's all vaporizers, hash oil and e-cig juice these days. No fire unless it's to heat up my nail.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
It's no secret that some people perform better high. As for pilots, they are already high. Ever heard of go pills and the recurring problem between them and military pilots? Pot is not just a depressant. It is also an extreme stimulant for some people, providing focus and energy levels on par with doing a line of cocaine. Why do you think they give prescription speed to kids who are restless and have too much energy? Because drugs effect different people differently. And there are so many different strains of pot today, one will give you couch lock(video game and food cravings) while another strain will provide you with great creativity and/or motivation to get out and do something. It seems like you just don't know much about pot and have completely bought in to the propaganda driven into your brain. And I have had a friend in the past whose job it was to go into operating theaters and teach surgeons how to use cutting edge medical equipment. He established and grew his company while being one of the biggest pot heads I've ever known. I'd rather have a doctor in my brain who smoked a joint before going to bed last night than one who had to drink enough alcohol to reach the same level of relaxation or is on any kind of sleep medication.
Guys brains are different. Pot affects individuals differently. I know two road riders ( actually near a dozen ) who have ridden everywhere stoned for near thirty years at cruising speeds well over 110MPH, and a serious smoke session before and after just about every ride. Cookies too. They will go for a ride like that stoned all day, with no problems at all. I know a woman who does the exact same thing, and rides faster than the guys, most of the time. Some of them are near seventy now, and really are safer and faster than guys one third their age. Maybe you learn your own limits regarding drug use and fast motorcycles, when they have done it for well over fifty years of racing and road riding.

But, not everyone is talented, lucky and special. Like them and me.

There should be different laws for dummies, and the elite and gifted.

Why Cannabis is not marketed in cookie form for old codger's pain relief, has me stumped. Crusty codgers of the world unite! And it's real easy to hide big phat blunts in walking sticks, too.

Danger, is my business."

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
As a lifelong stoner and racer, you should be ashamed of making such a statement. Having THC in your system in no way, shape or form means that you are high or determines the level of impairment. The level of acceptable drug that can be in your system as a driver in Washington is so low that a medical user can wake up after sleeping all night and still be considered too high to operate a motor vehicle. The science just isn't there and you can't say the kid was high without some kind of proof other than he had it in his system. And I hope Tony thinks about this kid every night before he goes to bed. I've watched that video over and over, and although there isn't enough evidence to prosecute, there's no doubt in my mind Tony got on the gas to scare the kid. He was the only car in that section of track who was on the gas and he did so at the worst possible time, approaching a fresh accident. He killed the kid, plain and simple.
TS, is blameless in that tragic racing incident, period. The sideways visibility strapped in a Sprintcar with wings ain't great, for a start. It doesn't matter if the kid was drunk, stoned or straight, either. A good rule in life is not to get out of a race car, when on track, unless it's on fire. Running around on a race track is pretty dumb too. Don't play on the Sprintcar track or the freeway kids! -damn good advice.

KW should have stayed in his car, and not run around like a rooster. The place for fighting, is in the pits. :D

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
The autopsy revealed a "substantial" amount and was definitely impaired. I don't fault Tony at all in that event, none of the authorities, or the track did either.
I'm involved with a case right now where a pedestrian stepped out in front of me and forced me to come to a stop. After I parked an incident ensued where he assaulted me. He thought he had a right of way in the "parking lot" we were in. What he doesn't realize is that the section of pavement in front of the store is in fact a street. I had stopped and then proceeded through the cross walk and as I exited the crosswalk he darted out from behind a parked SUV. I had no legal obligation to yield to him. He turned it into something racial (he was black) and that's why I'm going after him. In Ca. the pedestrian always has the right of way whether they break the law jaywalking or not. I always wondered the mentality of an individual how would demand you give him his right of way by walking in front of your 3k lb hunk of metal at 40mph.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Guys brains are different. Pot affects individuals differently. I know two road riders ( actually near a dozen ) who have ridden everywhere stoned for near thirty years at cruising speeds well over 110MPH, and a serious smoke session before and after just about every ride. Cookies too. They will go for a ride like that stoned all day, with no problems at all. I know a woman who does the exact same thing, and rides faster than the guys, most of the time. Some of them are near seventy now, and really are safer and faster than guys one third their age. Maybe you learn your own limits regarding drug use and fast motorcycles, when they have done it for well over fifty years of racing and road riding.

Why Cannabis is not marketed in cookie form for old codger's pain relief, has me stumped. Crusty codgers of the world unite! And it's real easy to hide big phat blunts in walking sticks, too.

Danger, is my business."
it is marketed in cookie form, candy bar form and just about every other edible way you can do it. Check out any medical marijuana outlet, they sell more than just dry bud.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
TS, is blameless in that tragic racing incident, period. The sideways visibility strapped in a Sprintcar with wings ain't great, for a start. It doesn't matter if the kid was drunk, stoned or straight, either. A good rule in life is not to get out of a race car, when on track, unless it's on fire. Running around on a race track is pretty dumb too. Don't play on the Sprintcar track or the freeway kids! -damn good advice.

KW should have stayed in his car, and not run around like a rooster. The place for fighting, is in the pits. :D

Danger, is my business."
It is now against the rules to exit your car after an accident in NASCAR for anything other than a safety issue or to get in the ambulance. If you get out and approach a moving car you will be heavily fined.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
The story about your stoner friend is difficult to believe but if it is true he needs to be out of that business because a civil or criminal court is in his future.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
it is marketed in cookie form, candy bar form and just about every other edible way you can do it. Check out any medical marijuana outlet, they sell more than just dry bud.
I meant marketed and legal everywhere for old dudes with bad backs and constant pain issues.

Shady Rest should be all bacon and cookies for breakfast, a walk in the park and Nintendo Wii U games the rest of the day. Funny how the old dudes still believe all the reefer madness nonsense, they been played jack.

Danger, is my business."

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Why do you think they give prescription speed to kids who are restless and have too much energy? Because drugs effect different people differently.
Right. They give Dex and Ritalin to hyper kids, because their brain activity actually slows down on it. Unlike "normal" kids brain response to the two.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

Danger, is my business."
amazing how we can have a discussion without calling each other names, sorta say on track and then you come along with your can of gasoline looking for a fire.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
amazing how we can have a discussion without calling each other names, sorta say on track and then you come along with your can of gasoline looking for a fire.
Huh?

Danger, is my business."

P.S.: I am the kind of guy who throws flaming torches into movie theatres, after all. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
The story about your stoner friend is difficult to believe but if it is true he needs to be out of that business because a civil or criminal court is in his future.
Difficult to believe if you are buying what the propagandists are selling. It just isn't a problem for people who use it in accordance with their needs as a recreational drug. There is nothing irresponsible about attending a surgery 10 hours after getting high on pot unless you were doing dabs of pure hash oil as you were falling asleep the night before.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Difficult to believe if you are buying what the propagandists are selling. It just isn't a problem for people who use it in accordance with their needs as a recreational drug. There is nothing irresponsible about attending a surgery 10 hours after getting high on pot unless you were doing dabs of pure hash oil as you were falling asleep the night before.
It's funny how most the population born before about nineteen fifty actually believe drug use is evil and destructive, Communism is bad, and the Japs are nasty little yellow devils.

Funny how alcohol made the whole country sick, mad and stupid for nearly two centuries. Maybe prohibition back the day wasn't such a bad idea? Just because it didn't work doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea.

Strike out the last one, as everyone drives an Accord now. Still pretty shifty though! Keep an eye on them! :rolleyes:

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
440 Posts
The autopsy revealed a "substantial" amount and was definitely impaired.
Show me some numbers. Even the threshold for driving in Washington is so low that it is laughable. You basically can't drive at all if you use pot every day. There was a huge percentage of users who were against passing the recreational use laws because of the lack of understanding in the scientific community as to what levels impair your ability to drive.

I'm not saying what the kid did was smart, I'm saying that Tony purposefully goosed the throttle in the least safe place to do it after a fresh wreck. If he hadn't, the car wouldn't have stepped out and the kid wouldn't have ended up under the wheels. Have you even seen the clear high quality version of the accident? Tony was just pissed that a young kid was taking up track space so he took him out in a pussy, amateur move and then rubbed it in by trying to spook the kid who called him out. There's a whole lane and a half of grooved surface between Ward and the infield fluff when he is run over. Tony was definitely trying to put the fear of God in the kid and made a mistake. Hopefully he pays dearly when the civil trial comes or during negotiations.

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
I'm all for freedom and personal liberties.
a free man should be allowed to make his own choices in every facet of his life.
So if he wants to smoke pot then fine.

but this freedom is not free.

i want to see stricter punishments for those that take things to far.
meaning.

you wanta get high? Fine. Enjoy.
but you get high and hurt someone? Fuck you.
get high and then bitch you are poor latter in life? Fuck you.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts