Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I'm all for freedom and personal liberties.
a free man should be allowed to make his own choices in every facet of his life.
So if he wants to smoke pot then fine.

but this freedom is not free.

i want to see stricter punishments for those that take things to far.
meaning.

you wanta get high? Fine. Enjoy.
but you get high and hurt someone? Fuck you.
get high and then bitch you are poor latter in life? Fuck you.
I think the penalties for driving high should be as extreme as the DUI penalties are now. The average cost of a DUI in Ga. runs around $10k. Don't know how they would judge content like they do BAC with alcohol. I think after spending $10k on a first offense that there is no fine for a second offense but nested go straight to jail if convicted.
My next door neighbors friend yesterday (don't have all the details yet) apparently crossed the centerline in his F150 and hit another vehicle head-on. First report was everyone was dead. They were all Life Flighted to Atl. 50 miles south. The vehicles caught fire and the friend was supposedly burned over 60% of his body (normally fatal). Last report said the passenger of the victims is in stable condition and expected to recover. The victim driver succumbed to her injuries. The kid was always stoned or drinking when I saw him and if either were involved in this accident I have no sympathy for him what so ever than that of a human being not wanting to see this happen to anyone. I should know more today.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Remember, a ChroMoly roll cage is your friend, kids! :)

Always follow this rule:

Danger, is my business."
Before hitting the arrow covering the face in that video and before playing I'm guessing Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now?

Yup, once of the best movies I had seen at that time. Saw it in Sensaround 70mm in L.A.. Most real sound track I have ever heard in a movie, you were there. From your seat you could feel and here the direction the choppers were coming in from and it was loud and real.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Whomever says their senses are improved when they are stoned are currently stoned. I don't care what anyone types on a forum or gives statistics about whatever.......when your high your impared.

I've seen enough people so faded that they can't even move.....let alone do anything like fly or drive or just sound coherent.

My nephew......... who is a San Diego Sheriff officer.........I'm sure would rather deal with someone high rather than drunk though.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Whomever says their senses are improved when they are stoned are currently stoned. I don't care what anyone types on a forum or gives statistics about whatever.......when your high your impared.

I've seen enough people so faded that they can't even move.....let alone do anything like fly or drive or just sound coherent.

My nephew......... who is a San Diego Sheriff officer.........I'm sure would rather deal with someone high rather than drunk though.
That's not really the case, and I'm not just making excuses for stoners, either. Many people respond differently to 420, some respond well and are very high functioning ( I've known plenty full stoners who have been very productive in high stress jobs for decades, with zero issues for anyone, or themselves ), some fall asleep, some become practically schizophrenic. Different strokes, different folks.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Difficult to believe if you are buying what the propagandists are selling. It just isn't a problem for people who use it in accordance with their needs as a recreational drug. There is nothing irresponsible about attending a surgery 10 hours after getting high on pot unless you were doing dabs of pure hash oil as you were falling asleep the night before.
I disagree since you said your pothead (your laungage) friend was teaching surgeons.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Waaaay back (late 70s) my then bandmates and I put down a lot of money to do some time in a studio to record some stuff we'd created and thought was fairly good. So as was the norm, we got a bit twisted going in and set off to work.

After all it was how we normally played. We were, after all, budding rockstars.

Then we listened to it...

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
"budding rockstars." , nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. Budding in the morning and budding in the night too.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
And one of my favorites that just makes me sing all day.

I joined NORML around 1969, with membership you got a bumper sticker of a big fat joint with the caption "Stoke That Baby". It wasn't long after that that I made sure every cop car in town sported one of these on their back bumper.:)
Why did I do that? Because I got high.:cool:

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Researching Ga. law and came up with this.TAX STAMPS

This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction. For more information, see NORML's report Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties.

So what they are saying is we will put you in jail for selling this stuff but we certainly want our cut of the profits regardless. You can't legally make money on it but we can.
Why would the state issue a stamp for known illegal enterprise?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I disagree since you said your pothead (your laungage) friend was teaching surgeons.
Yep, pothead. Smoked every evening and woke up bright and early with a fresh, well rested mind. If you stop dreaming, or can't remember them when you wake up, cut back a little. You are just close minded on this issue and can't see that the personal response to marijuana varies as widely as that of alcohol and many other drugs. I partied with Red Duke at a friends house a time or two and he was putting them back like a pro. He's also a world renowned surgeon and professor. ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Waaaay back (late 70s) my then bandmates and I put down a lot of money to do some time in a studio to record some stuff we'd created and thought was fairly good. So as was the norm, we got a bit twisted going in and set off to work.

After all it was how we normally played. We were, after all, budding rockstars.

Then we listened to it...
Was it because you were high or because it's very common for musicians to be out of touch with the quality of their writing and performances. I had a good experience with live sound recording in a studio as opposed to the long, drawn out multi-tracking techniques where you play shit over and over again until the engineer thinks he captured what he wanted.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My favorite weed song. Not one of the more artistic endeavors but damn funny. If you do value good music though and are against drugs, throw almost all of your fucking albums and other recordings away. There's druggies either writing, playing or recording that art so humanity can enjoy it for the ages. Duke Ellington, for example, was probably one of the cleanest cats around, but he wouldn't have had a band without drugs. He even kept some guys around whose drug abuse was a problem, because their talent was so astronomical that he had to keep them around for the sake of the art.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Was it because you were high or because it's very common for musicians to be out of touch with the quality of their writing and performances. I had a good experience with live sound recording in a studio as opposed to the long, drawn out multi-tracking techniques where you play shit over and over again until the engineer thinks he captured what he wanted.
Hard to tell now Vic, it's been 30+ years and we never pursued spending the money to fix it. We did it in a well recommended studio with an engineer that had worked with a lot of well known bands/musicians from the region (Blackfoot, Brownsville Station...). Overall, it wasn't a good experience. I thought we sounded better off our board at our practice space...

Though I will note, I've never been satisfied with anything I've written to the point that I just sort of stopped writing and stayed stoned more...I wasted most of the 80s.

It should be noted, that though I did dabble with other substances, it wasn't because I was chasing a better buzz. If it's offered and you're comfortable accepting, you do it. Found out that I didn't likr coke thatmuch and though acid was fun, it shouldn't be done regularly...

·
Registered
440 Posts
We did it in a well recommended studio with an engineer that had worked with a lot of well known bands/musicians from the region (Blackfoot, Brownsville Station...). Overall, it wasn't a good experience.
That can be a big problem if the chemistry isn't there. The engineer is like another band member, only much more powerful when it comes to the final product, and if it don't work, it don't work. My friends recorded a bad ass record here in an Austin studio and then flew to NYC to have a big name mastering engineer do the final mix. The voice of a key instrument in the band was all but butchered because the guy said that the average sound system wouldn't reproduce it well and he thought it would sound better with the low end cut and the rest run through a weird filter. I mean the guy did master Siamese Dream, but sometimes the minds just don't mesh. (edit: same company did the Pumpkins record, their particular engineer mastered NIN among many others) It's still a bad ass record and only those who have seen them live would miss the original sound. I was just kind of shocked when he asked me to listen to something and didn't tell me it was the final cut until I had already given my honest opinion. Whoops!

Acid is mucho fun if it's clean. I did a few too many tabs of low grade shit early in life and will only do it now if someone I know and trust has already had some from the exact same sheet or dropper bottle, which is why it's been almost twenty years for me. I need to hit the reset switch again before I turn 50. Pure MDMA would do the trick too. :)

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Long term smokers usually have diminished souls, and are quite dead metaphysically. The later subject, is an area that I have extensive knowledge of, BTW. Their homes are usually very ghosty and somewhat haunted with natural mystic enties, and evil ghoulish energy. But they are constantly stoned, most of the time, to be aware of it, at all. The cannabinoids eventually build in the fatty tissues of the brain, and can cause depression and withdrawal from society. Sleeping when stoned, is very dangerous, metaphysically and spiritually, as your defenses against evil entities, are not functional, and are not capable of providing any defence.

I have known a few people who have burnt out their cannabinoid receptors in their brains, through over use, and they get almost no effect from the drug. Which is interesting.

I know an anandamine freak, who after forty years of training, can slip in and out of a stoned state, just with the power of concentration, without any drug use. Which is very interesting too.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Not sure I would want to drive stoned unless it was a hot summer about 3 in the morning on a classic bike and I had the roads all to myself. Normally that stuff makes me want to curl up in the fetal position under my bed while sucking my thumb and crapping my pants.

Interesting that Washington legalized pot and gay marriage at the same time. "A man who lay with another man shall be stoned" Leviticus 20 13.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Interesting that Washington legalized pot and gay marriage at the same time.
It's always important to read the fine print. Those particular acts of sin may only be permitted by statute in DC, if committed at the same time. Time to scrub up on the Law.

Riding stoned doesn't appear to be as carefree as it was portrayed on the cult film "Easyrider". I saw this issue coming.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Hard to tell now Vic, it's been 30+ years and we never pursued spending the money to fix it. We did it in a well recommended studio with an engineer that had worked with a lot of well known bands/musicians from the region (Blackfoot, Brownsville Station...). Overall, it wasn't a good experience. I thought we sounded better off our board at our practice space...

Though I will note, I've never been satisfied with anything I've written to the point that I just sort of stopped writing and stayed stoned more...I wasted most of the 80s.
Maybe you should have another go at it. With the advent of modern software and a computer with all of the plug ins and virtual instruments you can do things now that we're simply unheard of back then for the average person. Still the MOST important part of any recording is the capture....which now can also be done with high end mics and some basic preparation for home studios.

Plus now your mind might be a tick clearer and wiser for the wear.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts