Cafe Racer Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I live in Colorado and smoked before legalization and have bought/smoked after legalization. The taxation part is insane, getting close to 30% in some areas - nothing else here comes close to that rate. Does it benefit the cities and state? Not as much as hoped, for two reasons: 1) the high rate encourages "undocumented retailers" to stay in business, and 2) the government frantically spends most of the money on "drug education" propaganda and for-profit "rehab" centers.

Thankfully I have a medicinal card which allows me to buy the same product at a discount rate and a mere 3.5% tax.

After 30 years of smoking I can say one thing with absolute confidence: I've done far, far fewer stupid things when stoned compared to when I was drunk, and without hangovers the next day.

What discount do you get that you wouldn't if you were just a recreational user? For years I thought if it got legalized it would bring the illegal pricing down. I wasn't even close to right on that.
What kind of pricing do they have in Co.? Is it cheaper if you buy larger quantities? How much can you buy at one time in a dispensary?

·
Registered
440 Posts
In the UK tobacco is taxed at 77%:mad:
Good! It should be more since you guys have a national healthcare program and tobacco is possibly the single worst thing you can do to your body. I'm fat and feel the same way about shitty high fat and sodium fast food.

Reactions: thechief86

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Good! It should be more since you guys have a national healthcare program and tobacco is possibly the single worst thing you can do to your body. I'm fat and feel the same way about shitty high fat and sodium fast food.
The risks of high fat foods and salt are over estimated. Many people who eat so-called healthy diets are actually salt deficient and it effects their vitality, stamina and strength.

The risks of tobbaco are overhyped, if not over estimated.

The worst things you can do to a body is poor nutrition, being constantly dehydrated, and being fat and lazy.

Smoking always gets the blame when there usually are ten factors for someones poor health.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
63 Posts
While i agree that tobacco is universally unhealthy, fat and salt are necessary nutrients for the body. Moderating these substances is the individuals responsibility not the governments.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
What's a pack of fags cost there? In Ga. I can get a carton of cigs for $43, in Ct. they run about $90.
Up until 6 months ago I smoked rollies, which cost me about £18 for a 50g pouch of Amber Leaf (£30 a week)
Since then I've been on an e-cig that costs a fraction of the price.
A pack of 20 Benson and Hedges costs £9.30 over here.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts