Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Vodka Martini. Pale substitute? Like lite beer? Or am I being a pain in the ass purist.

Gin. The true Martini? The heroin of alcohol? Is it the juniper berries? Why does Gin tend to make one an asshole, or is it just me?

We've covered clubmans and knee dents, lets weigh in on something important.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
156 Posts
throw out that martini mr. Bond, and make a Tom Collins with some good ol gin! :)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim,
As my Sicilian wife might say; "Not for nothing, but what the fuck do you know? You just beat the shit out of your gas tank with a ball peen hammer."

Just kidding. I prefer Gin too. But a Tom Collins? WTF?

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
30 Posts
gin martini fan here, closely followed by a gin and tonic. I havent had a tom collins in years, as i recall they were pretty good though.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Tanquaray and tonic. The only way to go with gin. Vodka is useful for Bloody Marys and and other breakfast drinks.

Ken

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gin- 3

Vodka- 0

Where are all the Grey Goose, velo, fixxie, phairie, poser, urbane, clubman, knee dent, '59, ton up, chequered out, again to quote the Sicilian "pieces of shit" Vodka drinkers?

Nice to know I'm hangin' with the real deal.

Once again, the best bike forum on the net.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I tried to get into Martinis. Even bought a real Martini glass. I just couldn't enjoy 'em, tasted too much like rocket fuel to me. Gak.
I do enjoy a Gin and Tonic, or a good Rum and Tonic. Vodka and Tonic not so much...in fact I can't remember why I have Vodka, maybe for Bloddy Marys as Ken suggests.

We've been sipping Margaritas this summer, with the occasional Strawberry Dacqueri made with garden fresh strawberries, but they're almost done.

FR

·
Registered
106 Posts
Gin and Tonics are damned tasty, but they tend to get me in trouble quickly. They just go down to easily...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Vodka- I just can't find the groove, I'm cool then all the sudden I'm S-faced with no warning. So i'm going with gin but only 'cause we already drank the bourbon, scotch, rum and beer.
cheers, bcr

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well my vote will have to go towards the gin...as a suggestion to my fellow builders/riders go with a little gin and dew. this is my fav. and seems to work great on a hot day in the sun.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
ken is right again.....(that's the THIRD time today.)

tanqueray and tonic is the only way to go...i will suffer thru bombay sapphire and tonic.

a great new gin to check out is bluecoat, from philadelphia...where else?!?!?!?!!!!!!

summit in september, loudon on labor day.....T&T's in turn 2?

texy

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Texy,
"ken is right again" I like the sound of that.

Becky

·
Registered
156 Posts
touche' Leo touche'

love gin and tonics, but ever since that night when my grandma said "let me make ya a real fuckin drink" I've been a fan of the Tom Collins...classic

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate to get shitty. But from my estimation this ... and tonic shit is the cocktail equivalent of clubman bars and ill-conceived knee dents.

Damn it. The name of this thread was Martinis. Not ..... and tonic.

Sorry for the out burst. Must be the gin.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Me? doesn't matter; Gin, Vodka: they're equally flammable when setting fire to hipsters.

But as a libation, they're both a little too brisk, kind of what I imagine a 500cc Motogp 2 stroke might have been like. Maybe it's my inability to sip.

How about a nice India Pale Ale? Kind of like a big single four-stroke. Make it a port and polish job and have it a double IPA...out here in the Bay Area, Lagunitas brewery makes a bunch of pleasant examples. What do you guys have on the East coast?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Kettle One or fine Tennesse Shine

I like gin about as much as black licorice

BLEH!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts