Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in this month's Classic bike (UK mag) ther have a how two on rebuilding marzocchi shocks (from a duc pantah). They made it seems like rebuild kits were common and cheap as chips over there but neglected to mention where or how they got them. Since I have a set of these shocks (for a cb750) and I would like to refinish them, anybody know where I can find the rebuild kits?

Also I have a pair of Ohlins from the 1970s for a SOHC honda as well and they could def use some rubber parts. anybody know where I can get the kits for them?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I can get Marzocchi rebuild kits direct from Marzocchi through my bicycle shop. You might try talking to a local bike shop that is an official dealer for Marzocchi suspension.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I can get Marzocchi rebuild kits direct from Marzocchi through my bicycle shop. You might try talking to a local bike shop that is an official dealer for Marzocchi suspension.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marzocchi now isn't the same company as it used to be. The new company wants nothing to do with the old made in the 70's and 80's motorcycle shocks.

I saw on a husky site that there may be an ohlins rebuild kit available for their shocks - anybody know if these were special to husky or if it is just all one body adapted to different applications?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marzocchi now isn't the same company as it used to be. The new company wants nothing to do with the old made in the 70's and 80's motorcycle shocks.

I saw on a husky site that there may be an ohlins rebuild kit available for their shocks - anybody know if these were special to husky or if it is just all one body adapted to different applications?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
those 'zocchi's you have on that dohc are garbage, but since i'm nice, i'm willing to give you a little pocket money for em.

think about it.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
those 'zocchi's you have on that dohc are garbage, but since i'm nice, i'm willing to give you a little pocket money for em.

think about it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Geeto, I know there are a bunch of businesses that cater to shock rebuilding, but you might want to have a look at these folks.

http://www.motocd.com/

It is a small family owned business {Rick and Joyce Tannenbaum}.
Rick is an old school fellow but gets balls deep in the new suspension stuff. Since the Marzocchi is probably metric, Rick may be able to do some retro-fitting parts wise. He is also a RaceTech rep and distibutor. Parts for the Ohlins shouldn't be a problem either.
Rick has been a big help for me with a Works Performance shock for my GSX1100G. He replaced the antiquated ball check valving with modern shim stack valving after Works refused to answer requests for parts to dial in their valving.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Geeto, I know there are a bunch of businesses that cater to shock rebuilding, but you might want to have a look at these folks.

http://www.motocd.com/

It is a small family owned business {Rick and Joyce Tannenbaum}.
Rick is an old school fellow but gets balls deep in the new suspension stuff. Since the Marzocchi is probably metric, Rick may be able to do some retro-fitting parts wise. He is also a RaceTech rep and distibutor. Parts for the Ohlins shouldn't be a problem either.
Rick has been a big help for me with a Works Performance shock for my GSX1100G. He replaced the antiquated ball check valving with modern shim stack valving after Works refused to answer requests for parts to dial in their valving.
Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts