Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought more parts again. This time I RD400 stuff and I got a set of Marzocchi AG Strada shocks, I think. Thats at least what I am told they are. So can someone school me on these?

Google came back with a couple Ducati and Laverda sites. Looks like they were OEM on a couple models and difficult to find.

I dont know the exact length but they are the same as the RD400 stock shocks.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Those are Strada shocks alright. OEM on Ducati pantah's but excellent aftermarket bits as well. Rebuild kits are still available and reasonable but you have to order them from england.

they are gas charged charged shocks, and if I recall correctly you can remove those caps and adjust the chaging by addidng or subtracting compressed air.

what else do you want to know? they are about as good as comparable year ohlins but with slightly less bling.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Those are Strada shocks alright. OEM on Ducati pantah's but excellent aftermarket bits as well. Rebuild kits are still available and reasonable but you have to order them from england.

they are gas charged charged shocks, and if I recall correctly you can remove those caps and adjust the chaging by addidng or subtracting compressed air.

what else do you want to know? they are about as good as comparable year ohlins but with slightly less bling.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious how they showed up on an RD400 but I guess they were just the right size.

How about what are they worth? I'll probably just stick them up with the clipons I have for a special bike one day or hoard them.

I found a manual online from Ducati on how to rebuild them so I will probably buy the kits and rebuild them or at least stash them with them.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious how they showed up on an RD400 but I guess they were just the right size.

How about what are they worth? I'll probably just stick them up with the clipons I have for a special bike one day or hoard them.

I found a manual online from Ducati on how to rebuild them so I will probably buy the kits and rebuild them or at least stash them with them.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Seen them sell $50-300
The eye-eye shocks should fit a tone of bikes so they are popular.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Seen them sell $50-300
The eye-eye shocks should fit a tone of bikes so they are popular.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One other question, I can't remember the number on the bottom of mine but looking at the rebuilds there are different numbers for the stickers. Any idea what the 2, 3, 4 are for?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One other question, I can't remember the number on the bottom of mine but looking at the rebuilds there are different numbers for the stickers. Any idea what the 2, 3, 4 are for?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Where do you get rebuild kits for the Stradas? I have a pair of clevis base units I'd love to put back on the road but they need love.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Where do you get rebuild kits for the Stradas? I have a pair of clevis base units I'd love to put back on the road but they need love.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Back when the RD was new, the club racers with money would use the Marzocchis, they were exotic. The guys with less money would run S&W. The rest of us poor racers would run Boge Mulholland. I think they were all rebuildable.

Ken

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Back when the RD was new, the club racers with money would use the Marzocchis, they were exotic. The guys with less money would run S&W. The rest of us poor racers would run Boge Mulholland. I think they were all rebuildable.

Ken

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Haha...I have a couple pair of the Mulhollands that need rebuilt too...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Haha...I have a couple pair of the Mulhollands that need rebuilt too...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I have about 5 or 6 sets of cb750 Boge mullhollands. Ol' Blue came with them when I bought her and over a decade later they are still going strong. Who knows how long they have been on that bike. They are an excellent shock that when you know what you are looking at you can usually find for $40 or less in good shape on ebay.

However, there are no rebuild kits for them as far as I know. at least not anymore.

I have heard of guys taking the disassembled shock to NAPA or industrial supply houses and matching up the o-ring seals (that's all they are, nothing exotic) with some success. Me? I just kitbash the best components of the sets I have if I need one. For the most part I have yet to disassemble one with a bad seal, so I am lucky.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts