Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here she is. Long hours and a lot of swearing, but I grin every time I see her. Just fired her up yesterday after another fresh rebuild and she's never run this good. I owe a lot of that to the dyna ignition booster. Took her for a ride and damn she was smooth. Here's a couple pics. Lighting sucks and it still hasn't warmed up here.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's all the things done to it.

Engine Specs.
1. TH (Todd Henning) Pistons 11.5/1 Compression 8812P6747
2. Stock Heads Bored to 362cc (originally 325cc) 67.5mm 170grams each
3. Teflon button wristpin holders
4. Megacycle camshaft 123-20 (.005” gap)
5. Reworked valves with three angle valve job.
6. M3 Brass valve guides
7. NOS Rockers 144-32-286-010
8. TH Copper Head Gasket (Permatex Sealer)
9. M3 Racing’s KA Slipper Cam Tensioner
10. TH DID HD Cam Chain
11. Slightly Ported Head
12. 32mm Mikuni Carbs (see below)
13. New Stock Clutch Pads
14. Barnett Clutch Springs
15. Dynatek Coils + Wires
16. Dynatek Ignition Booster
17. New Points (hopefully soon to have a boretech pvl)
18. New Vesrah Gaskets and Oil Seals
19. E3 3.30 Spark Plugs

Body
1. Shortened Rear Fender
2. Shock Frame Bracing
3. Aluminum seat pan
4. Solo Café Seat
5. Redwing Shocks
6. New Fork Seals
7. Battery/wiring hidden + remade wiring harness
8. Avon Roadrider tires 90/90/18 Front, 110/90/18 Rear
9. All Balls Tapered Steering Bearings
10. Black with Charcoal Silver striped Paint
11. Frame Glass Beaded and painted Charcoal silver.
12. Clubman Bars
13. R6 rearsets
14. DID 530 HD Drive Chain
15. 17/16 tooth front sprocket
16. All Balls Front and Rear Wheel Bearings
17. New Vesrah Front Brakes
18. Emgo Mufflers (cheap) with 1.25”new baffles (good)
19. JonnyB’s Custom Billet Brake Stay (looks great + really light)
20. Shortened clutch Cable
21. Custom Motion Pro Throttle Cable for Mikuni’s (really nice)
22. LED brake lights, with LED 1157 Bulb

·
Registered
204 Posts
Right On!!! Love the understated stripes on the bodywork. Rear sets look like they came on the bike. Can't keep all the classy painted fork trim and have the clip ons too, a trade off i'd make most any day for a beautiful, road legal, registered racer such as this. And you're rockin the grey cables. Way to represent!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
that turned out really well. And thank you for not hanging the license plate off your left shock

·
Registered
84 Posts
quote:Originally posted by burntblacktoast

And you're rockin the grey cables. Way to represent!
I like how details from the factory bike still remain - fender, fork ears, stock tank w/pads and emblems, PITA early gauges, "TYPE 1" points cover, steering dampener, etc. Done with patience and care like a mildly modded musclecar resto - most 350 cafes look like "strip it, cut it off, spraybomb it" jobs to me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks fellas, but honestly couldn't have done it without all of you and your bits of advice. lol no, I don't like the license plate off to the side either! Took a long time though,,,I think I've been working on it for 3 years,,,of course I've put away the tools and rode it a lot too.
Here's a pic of my latest jewl,,,everyone with points should have one of these. I thought from the description that that little box couldn't do all the things it said but it does,,,cleans up the spark, no burnt points and makes it easier that hell to time. I used to have a pita trying to time it,,, that's why I made that little peep cover in the timing cover so I didn't have to take the whole thing off and get oil everywhere.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Very nice! Great attention to detail. Took me a minute to notice the gray frame and stripes but I love it.

JD

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Very nice job - BTW, what year is this bike??? Sorry I'm not real up on 350's. Love the ghost strips and the clean look of the bike. It looks like it's doing 70 just sitting there..
\
Woops - I just got the heading MC69.. Time to clean my glasses off...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some of you may ask,,,well why did he leave the side cover tabs. Well my wife seems to think the side covers look better on it,,,I think they don't. But when I was doing the frame I decide just to leave them, so if I want to run them I can. They match the paint,,,even the old 69 cb350 logo has the grey and black. When it warms up a little,,,someday,,,I'll take some pics with them on

who says clubmans can't look good;)

George I got those blinkers off of ebay and the tailight I ordered with the seat.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Your bike is very,very sweet looking I hope my CB200T comes out half as nice! I love the tank pads,metal fork covers,racing stripes and those rear sets look awesome.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts