Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan,
I have been reading your posts here and on the WERA board. There is a race school at the Blackhawk track day. Take one of your bikes, safety wire it and go to Blackhawk. Then take it to Road America for the AHRMA races on June 12th weekend and go racing with all of us. I have been talking with Scott from Chicago and we are going to set up a pit area at RA for all of us to pit together from here and CHIVINMOTO and anyone else that wants to pit together. I will be back in WI on about May 20, so I will be missing the Blackhawk track day. I will be in Waukesha on the weekend of June 7 for a pigroast at a friends, so if you need anything I can be available.

Ken

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Ken, I'll have to get started on it now. Not sure which bike to use, but the GT500 is definetly closer to race ready. - Dan

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan,
The GT500 can run in Heavyweight Production with stock pipes on it and no rearsets so it would be easy to set up. For Road America, I think you would like the power of the 500 compared to the 350. Your other good choice would be the GPZ550 for Medium weight Vintage superbike. I run that class on my Seca 550. It is another good class since you have to run stock bodywork. Basically, I have a stock motor with a pipe. I replaced my forks so I could get a double disc but you have that already on the GPZ. The nice thing is you have the dependability of a UJM 4cyl 4 stroke so you can worry about suspension and handling instead of motor.

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts