Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as jan. fast approches i am sent into a frenzy trying to get my shop open by the 1st, i am going to have a grandopening party of sorts and would like to extend an invitation to all at caferacer.net...i will keep all of you posted as to a date, i am thinking a saturday or sunday sometime in jan. would be good...as i don't have doors or heat yet i can not comeup with a definate date but keep it in mind if you want to or are going to be in southern VT in jan.....

"Ride Fast and Take Chances"

Edited by - chikor on Dec 10 2004 07:52:29 AM

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
well as jan. fast approches i am sent into a frenzy trying to get my shop open by the 1st, i am going to have a grandopening party of sorts and would like to extend an invitation to all at caferacer.net...i will keep all of you posted as to a date, i am thinking a saturday or sunday sometime in jan. would be good...as i don't have doors or heat yet i can not comeup with a definate date but keep it in mind if you want to or are going to be in southern VT in jan.....
Cool! Good to hear. Its tough starting out with your own business. Are you going to be a general MC shop, or specialize in something?

And good dirtbike trails near your shop? 8)

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
nothing to really offer this thread. i just wanted to see my name up as replying currently to all forums. plus it helps my post totals.

tex

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm in Brookline, VT.....if that helps...i will be focusing on english marques but will also be doing vintage and custom honda, and asorted dirt bikes....i am trying to do a restoration and custom business....but mind you i've got plans...

"Ride Fast and Take Chances"

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as of yesterday afternoon around 1:30 pm there is heat in the shop!!!! stay tuned.....coming next: DOORS!!!!

"That if any do commit the detestable and abominable vice of Buggery, with man or beast, he or she so offending, shall be adjudged a felon, and shall suffer death, in the case of felony, without the benefit of Clergy." (Act of General Assembly, Virginia)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the holidaze are taking a toll on my time....so things are moving even slower right now i am stil looking for sometime in Jan....

"That if any do commit the detestable and abominable vice of Buggery, with man or beast, he or she so offending, shall be adjudged a felon, and shall suffer death, in the case of felony, without the benefit of Clergy." (Act of General Assembly, Virginia)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it's up....it's not the best right now but give me time.....
www.meistercycles.com

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
cool, but yo gotta get rid of the byline if you wanna get any attention. I've read it over and over and over and over . . .

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i now have doors and heat and insulation! next week benches and shelving!

Ride Fast and Take Chances

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I would strongly suggest doing up the shelving the right way first time....which is.... 24" deep pallet rack system with 3/4" ply dropped in the rails (notched to accept it).

Will literally hold 1000's of pounds a shelf....not like the crap you can buy that's rated at 500 lbs and bends with a few gallon paint cans on it.

The pallet racks system can also be used to build the work benches, shelves, everything all tied together in one adjustable system that you can move around and even take with you when you go.

A little more money now...a lot less trouble later.
JohnnyB

PS. I got mine here: http://www.shelving.com/home.html

and had it shipped truck freight to my local freight office.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well who ever is interested.....things are moving slow but i should have things rolling within the next couple weeks and i am going to have an opening party when i gat a bike or two done....this spring looks like a good time....maybe i will try to organize a ride? any help would be nice....

www.meistercycles.com

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok....i've got most of the benchs done and the shelves are done....all the outlets are now functional...i will post some pics this weekend maybe? looking for a unit 650 bonnie engine and thurxton internals for it, anybody? i will be tooling up starting this weekend!!!!

www.meistercycles.com

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
ok....i've got most of the benchs done and the shelves are done....all the outlets are now functional...i will post some pics this weekend maybe? looking for a unit 650 bonnie engine and thurxton internals for it, anybody? i will be tooling up starting this weekend!!!!
Sweet! How close are you to up and running?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very close....i will be tooling up in the next couple weeks so as long as it takes to get my tools rounded up and i should be working.....the sooner the better, but with how crazy the life is right now any time will not be soon enough, but i will be happy when it rolling....

www.meistercycles.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts