Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First it was great to see Frank Smith. Very cool.

A lot of USCRA people were there and a lot of them took top 5 positions which is always cool. There was fantastic racing both despite weather and some poopie AHRMA people.

Here are some of the high lights that I liked.

Martin Y. on his MT was one of my favorite races to watch. Hes fast and make me think things like "I don't want to go that fast in to turn 1" and "God he's cute".

The side car exibition, despite some difficulties and scheduling issues, went off quite well even though Brian C fired me as his rider before I got a chance to ride. Bob Bove did a great job announcing for the side car guys, he sounded exactly like he new what was going on.

Zack took a first in 350gp which included Roper and the dude with the fast Seeley AJS. He also took a third in the 500gp with Mooney and Roper a head of him. I think he had one break down and one get off, not sure about the last one. I had to leave.

Denise T ran well in both 250 and 350 and I think she was running faster then myself the first day.

Tim Courts is probably the most understated fast guy ever. Someone should put him on a Manx. Tim took some top 5 finishes, I don't know in what group for what class, but he's fantastic to watch. You could hear when people were letting up off the the short straight and I never heard Tim Ducati let up, he would just lean. I love him.

Zack was jealous that I was rooting for his Dad.

200 gp was great. I think there was supposed to be 25 the first day and 26 the next. Not everyone started that entered but huge grid for 200. I had some braking, gearing, and mental issues the first day. I didn't make any practice and my warm up lap was all I got so I ended up with a 5th. The next day I had a great race with Mike Parker, Carl Anderson, and the guy with the PUCH. Carl and I raced tight right to the end and I held him off for 3rd. I have a nice ass.

Hanging out with Hirko, Martin, Monk, Neville, Steve D, and Turk was great. Turks actually much funnier then I thought.

I was really late getting there, really un prepared. Bob Bove really helped me out. Also Bob should quit racing and race vans for a living. If he ever asks to convoy wear your helmet. Some how we ended dirt rally racing our vans through trees for about 3 miles. I was for real doing close 100mph just to keep up with him.

I'll remember more about the event later.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you should have seen me and tom t with deidre pulling that shit box trailer with the sidecar on it a few years ago. on 84 through ct, we were both doing over 100mph loaded on the way to louden. and the van tom was drivining i wouldn't pull out the parking lot in its suc a shit box. bucky sexton dropped a valve on that trip in his van on the way home and attributes that to trying to catch us. (we didnt know he was chasing us)

anyway, tim is definitely one of the fastest guys out there. definitely doesnt get the respect he deserves as a solo rider. but if you ever have the chance to follow him through a couple of corners on the track in traffic, you'll know just how good he really can be. and he definietly gives the best advice in regards to lines and where to be and how to do it. ive looked up to the guy since the first days i started going to the track. definitely one of my favorite riders. and a kick ass dude too.

glad you had fun. when wll you get to the track prepared??? vir comes to mind. you had like 6 peple with you, and you still didnt manage to get out on the track for practice. marty is really really fast.

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VIR was after a one week 3 event trip. I couldn't have prevented the head from melting. This time I had to work a day later then scheduled. The other four hundred and ninety two times were Tonys fault.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
aaron,

congrats! did tony the knife make it out with you (mid-o) this year?

bove is crazy fast (in a van). i own that ex-bucky dropped valve van (it's been fixed since, and is still for sale, $1500 firm), and i couldn't keep up with him, donelin, or carlos in our retarded mick, guinnea, spic, whateverdougis, caravan to the fim a year back.....

he is a maniac and needs to be stopped.

tim courts is fast. saw him at summit his first time there two years ago and he came in behind two manxs! i came in last.

sounds like you had a great time, can't wait to get together in september to bust stones, and yep, this is the last gatorade, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

tex

p.s.- the wera race at summit in late september is looking to be the sweet-ass race WEEKEND of the year. come on you lame-o's, get your pathetic three race a year-selves down to summit and party. i swear joe c. won't protest you for coming. welcome back frank!

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Aaron,
Sounds like you did good. Mike Parker has won the AHRMA 200gp champion ship a couple of times. If you keep him in sight you are definately in the right place.
Get used to Marty's speed...when your bike is living up to it's full potential it's capable of doing about five seconds a lap slower.

When you get the chance write up a report on the track layout, camping, facilities, traffic etc.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
my memory sucks. thanks for the clarification, wanker.

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
work and family. i was really looking forward to it as i had it planned as my week of vacation, but alas, i got bills to pay.

so i passed.

guess that's why i'm looking forward to granite st. on the fifth and summit on the twenty-fourth. gotta go racing.

i might try to sneak out of town for the wera endurance weekend at summit in two weeks. they are holding mini rounds both days after lunch. might be fun to blast the reiju around.

glad you got to go and a lot of uscra'ers showed. i heard the sidecar race was fast on sunday.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
and that wasnt tims debut at summit. he had been there before, but it had been years. still respectable. i still wanna see zach there. i was kidding about you showing up at the track etc. i'll never forget you guys showing up there. the big scab on jds head, then as you guys are leaving, "hey, should i light off this m80? i love virginia." whos virginia?

come on bitches, help me out with a streetbike.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
nothing to add (except for the post count).

sorry for wasting your time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts