Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bj and junglejoe took a 3rd each, not sure which classes.
though i see bj scored 3rd and joe scored 11th overall. heard it was raining.

i think they both got 3rd place in class.

a lot of dns/dnf's like 15 or so dns' for 350. wow!

looks like craig took a 5th overall.

who else did what???

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
craigs 5th was a first place. looks like he got an ama national number 1 plate to hang on the shop wall. bastard!

though bj beat him on saturday in the rain!!!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tex got a number1 plate. only rider entered in the class. but way to go dude! heard the sr was not running so great. but a win is a win eh?

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i got robbed! won the class....(ain't hard when you the only one), however since i only ran one day, they said it was against the rules to award me the number 1 plate....bastards!

oh well, guess i'm always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

the bike is SICK! best handling vintage bike i ever rode. it was down in power cause i blew out a 2 x 2" chunk in the aluminum supertrapp muffler...guess that is why it was so loud. probably cost me the 1500RPM I was missing. if it would have been on, it would have rode like a scalpel. still got a 1st place trophy.

saw judeyramone and "the girl." also seen was scott and christopher from chicago, champ, crraig, joe, and bill, the smiths (frank and kathy), but NO JERSEYGIRL!?!?!?!?!!! we all heckled frank into calling her....it was like drunk dialing with six of your friends.

tired but content. got to hang with don emde all weekend as he rode a T.O. BSA A50 (ex-don vesco). i was the guy to prep the bike for him everyday and to get the feedback after the ride. he is really a super nice dude. bob hansen also dropped by the garage and i got to chat with him for awhile.

geeto had like a fantasy supercamp weekend....but i'll let him tell his story.

great weather today. big ups to the AMA for pulling this off and also for having the ability to move the first three races before lunch. only got one round of practice, but we had a dry line all day (sunday).

i'll post some pics of my ride up here when i get home. the bike (Yamaha SR500) has been SOLD! it will appear at some WERA and AHRMA events this year and hopefully many more to come.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
725 Posts
Folks,
Yeah Craig called to let me know the Bridgestone dominated 200gp or whatever they call it (and ran nicely) taking the AMA number 1 plate... I'm sure he'll update us when he's home.

Peace
karl

·
Registered
23,294 Posts
I love that Tex (who is now currently sleeping on my couch as I write this) mentions that he was wrenching the DV A50 BSA and conveniently forgets to mention that I was right there next to him spinning wrenches. Granted he did slightly more work than I did (hey polishing is hard work).

Here is the bare bones:

- Got to bump and ride around the pits the Don Vesco A50 BSA.

- Got to bump and ride Roper's IOM TT winning Matchless G50 (again only around the pits).

- Got to bump start Don Emede on the Grid of Mid ohio with Tex Bumpstarting Roper right behind me.

- helped out and briefly hung out with a broken down Tony Foale on the pot road (and yes I bumped him off as well).

- Met Matthew (whose last name I am two tired to spell) who wrote the Vincati book and got a signed copy.

there is more but you fuckers have to wait.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:...who else did what???

I did absolutely nothing worth mentioning after anything above, although I did get a lot of photographs. Also bought a nifty tail light at the swap meet - price: 1 Guinness. Geeto, Tex and (especially) Champ are super guys. Was offered pit passes Saturday, and should have taken advantage on the spot. Missed everybody here racing, because they moved the Sunday schedule ahead to beat the rain.

I would post pics, but don't want to steal anybody's thunder

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
OK then. I'll start with these:

IN case you didn't recognize that guy walking past who waved (highly likely), it was me.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Very gracious host... let us keep our goodies under his tent all weekend during some heavy rain, and gave us a lift (3-up) on his Vespa(?):

Nice shirt (no, he didn't have any for sale, nor did he have stickers):

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Assorted anonymous racing guys (we missed everybody racing who we knew, because of early starting to avoid rain):

Missed Tex & Craig, because we were expecting them to race after noon and since we had time, watched these guys. Girl has a thing for MX racing, apparently.

Geeto kindly schooled Girl about TZs. She remembered enough to impress me that she actually paid attention to him. Unfortunately, he got a little more technical than she was able understand. As did I, she found him & Tex both to be remarkably friendly fellows (Geet's really nice in person... whodda thunk?).

Nice stinkin' weather on Saturday:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts