Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who won, who lost, and who got the coolest thing at the swap meet?

texy

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I took a third on Saturday and a second on Sunday. I didn't buy anything at the track. By the time I made it to the AMA booth to buy one of the event t-shirts it was already closed.

And if Rabbie tells you what gearing to use, listen. I showed up at the track with the set-up I've used before, or at least what I wrote down I used before, and it was WAY off.

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
rab won pretty much everything he entered in vintage i think. the first sportsman 350 race stan had them both beat, then ran off and rab and wes o got by. stan finished 3rd. the 350 sportsman race on sunday, it looked like rab got the jump on both of them and it ended up rab wes and stan. stan was awesome at the track. stopping to help everyone. i dont know how he managed to race too. he was pitted so far from us, and was nosing around helping everyone. or id see him near the tower, like a 10 minute walk from his pit. then hed be out in the next race. i had no idea springsteen was really that fast. turk had a crash, did a few ribs, marty crashed in practice, but looked good during his race. john lawless showed up with his 49 norton and his tz, which both ran pretty well after some tweeking. he did great too. jersey girl was looking smooth and put up a good fight. the nyc wrecking crew was ther ein force and anytime you can get that many cool nortons on the track at one time its worth seeing. i didnt really buy anything. i was just really happy to finish the weekend out on 2 wheels and learn the track. the racing there is definitely intense and intimidating. but the track is rediculous. and sooo smooth. i was told i finished 16th. (i never saw any of the results as i didnt really care) and im pretty sure i lapped a couple of people! and i also got lapped. crazy.

jc

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I bought the coolest thing at the swap meet, or I should say part in the parking lot, then the rest of it in the swap meet. BUT, I bought the missing parts first! Will post a pic when I learn how.

Kerry rode well, but not sure how she finished. Due to some glitch she had to ride the 350 in the 500 class. She is the only one whose # I knew.

·
Registered
450 Posts
What a crazy weekend that is for sure. First off I want to thank everyone who helped fix my bike for the weekend...Craig, Chief, Stan Lippert, Mike G, Don F, John Lawless, all the guys in my garage (sorry if I missed you). Without the USCRA crew, I would not have been out there at all.

Joe you are right about Stan. He is such a nice guy. We got there on Thursday to find out the Triple clamp had cracked. Stan went home that night, made one for me and when I got in on Friday, the Triple Clamp Fairy put one on my bike. It looked good and sturdy!

So about the weekend. I managed to have a a fun little race with Joe, locked up my front brake coming off the back straight (luckily it was wet), crashed when I was taken out, and visited the gravel trap (didn't fall down) when my clutch lever was taken off by a fellow rider. I think this weekend was just a test to see if I really wanted to do this. I don't think I would have made it through the weekend without the encouragement of a lot of people so thank you very much.

Did I throw myself to the wolves, yes.
Did I get eaten by the wolves, kind of.
Will I do it again, heck yeah (with more seat time)!!

It was also awesome meeting a lot of people from the board. A few of us got together on Saturday. We have a picture that we will post eventually.

Thanks again for everything. I am looking forward to much more racing in the future.

·
Registered
569 Posts
....ahhhh, I bought 4 tee shirts and scared Champ...the USCRA/Caferacer.net guys/girl all looked great out there with the big bad AHRMA crew.

oh yeah, Champ made a feeble attempt to weasel onto team160 with his cb200 poser.

dch.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Kerrie,
Damn...someone came by and took off your clutch lever? Sounds like tight racing.... I wouldn't even do that :)

I'd say most USCRA women can beat most AHRMA men.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Rode up Thursday morning, rode home Sunday afternoon.

In between?

Rain, sun, mud, heat, beer, port-o-lets, racing, riding, pit bike mayhem, fat guys on mini-bikes, test riding the new KTM 690 Supermoto, track showers (eeeeghh.), meeting some of the caferacer.net folks at champ's space, un-silenced Pentons outside my tent at 6:00 am and an unbroken four day conversation about all things motorcycle.

In other words, typical Vintage Days.

Champ had a sweet Riverside, but I think he sold it.

Anybody see the Hawk with a 350 Four motor stuffed in it?

Coolest thing I got was a new "Cars Suck" shirt.

Honda go sideways!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
That Superhawk 4 was really cool. Very sanitary installation. It was one of those double take things--oh, a nice Honda, hold on, what is going on here!!!!

I didn't notice it until the last day and didn't have my camera!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Actually they came and took Joe's clutch lever off, which I was borrowing because mine was bent in the original crash. By the way Joe, how much do I owe you for that one?

Those AHRMA guys were really fast, but I will show them what is up one day!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Hey Jersey,

Were you wearing that vest on Sunday? If you were and somebody came by close enough to take off your clutch lever that's just bullshit. Now I'm really pissed. After I spent all that time putting it on after your father broke the old one for you.

Craig

·
Registered
450 Posts
Don't be really pissed Craig because no I wasn't wearing it even though I should have. Oh well.....I got some practice on close racing!

That caferacer pic is fun Champ. It was good seeing you out there. Remember please don't send the other pics to the creepy guy.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts