Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than slug through that other post to figure out who is who and where they are going to be I though I would start a new one so the info is readily available. Just post your name and how we will spot you at the meet. I also propose that the at some point we have a caferacer.net meetup, you know all get together and get some face time in.

Anyway I'll go first:

Geeto67

How to spot me: Look for the 6'5, 290 lbs guy wearing a NYC vinmoto T-shirt or a STOGI T-shirt (suzuki two stroke owners group international), and a VJMC REP pin. Most likely you will find me hanging out by the VJMC booth or the Vinmoto Booth, By John "champ", or wandering aimlessly in the swap meet area looking at all the stuff I can't afford.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Hey Geeto,

Space Z18 is the place to hook up. Name a time for everybody with an alternate time.....and bring BEER!!!

JS

·
Registered
569 Posts
yes, pick a time, bring FRESCA for Champ.

dch

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I'll be there, should be around Q19 where hopefully my Ariel won't sit, meaning it sold right away. I will check in at Champs booth. If they come in time I will be wearing caferacer.net T's, if not maybe a Crumhorn Cyle Works, blue T (my brothers Harley shop). with a red carnation in the lapel.... I'm tall, dark, incredibily handsome.....same as champ.

It must be a New England term, but what the heck is a "pounder"?????

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:

It must be a New England term, but what the heck is a "pounder"?????
not New england exclusive, I used to live in rochester, NY and we called them pounders there too. They are the little 7oz cans you can "pound" in one shot. They are kind of addictive, like pringles only beer.

and yes they do have fresca pounders too, but when champ finds out they are not alcoholic he might be a little peeved.

I don't know the race schedule so I am hesitant in case anyone is racing but how about noon on Saturday at champ's place?

Edited by - geeto67 on Jul 23 2007 6:43:38 PM

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
quote:It must be a New England term, but what the heck is a "pounder"?????
That would be the 16oz cans of beer...you know...16oz=1 pound...get it?? hence the term "Pounders". Thats what I drank in the college years, like Pabst Blue Ribbon(PBR), Old Millwaukee(Swill)Narragansett(Bridgey's), Shlitz, Miller,etc. Thank god I make more $ now as I stepped up to Budwieser!!

JS

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, talk about two states seperated by a common language. to you they are a pound of beer, to me they are tiny so you can pound them fast...worlds apart

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:
I will be a REALLY fat guy riding a wee Trail 90.
I thought he gave up the Trail 90 to drive the Dominos pizza cart????

Following Geeto's lead:

Diamondj = Jim Winters

I'll probably be wandering the swap meet in a NY Vinmoto shirt or a STOGI shirt (which looks like this on the back):

http://star.walagata.com/w/sundialmotosport/Stogi_shirt.jpg

or a Sundial racing shirt:

http://www.sundialmotosport.com/shirt2.jpg

You might also find me in the Sundial Moto Sport pits - if we get the same spot as last year, we'll be in the upper paddock corner next to the road that leads to the in-field and the road that runs between the paddock and the demo area. Usually after racing, there are cold Foster's oil cans to be had along with some interesting Canadian beer. You might find Geeto here as well.....

See you there!

Jim

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
craig641

Craig Hirko

I'm racing most of the weekend when I'm not up in the swap meet looking for parts for my Triumph or a new Giro bike. I'm going to have a spot in the garages, I don't know the number but it's right next to the lane where the bikes come back into the pits from the track. We're usually two garages away from Jay Springsteen. I've got bike #641.

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
garage #11

hopefully sharing with the smiths, (jerseygirl) and john lawless. and one other person.

bright, almost kawasaki green, 350honda. #871

btw, i noticed frank s has entered a race, which i couldnt figure out. then chris explained it to me, its 30 a day to get in as a spectator. its less than 100 to race. frank and cathy would be 120 bucks for 2 days. so, why not just enter a race, get your pit passes and free crew passes for under 100 bucks for the weekend? funny.

cya there

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
that's 'effin brilliant! good luck to ya'll!

champy, thank god you correctly defined a pounder.....i admit, i started to lose faith in you, ya big douche!

7oz'ers are roadies! not that i recommend, condone, or support drinking and driving.

i'm really jealous.....in a good way. i'm now motivated to get a good job, that i don't have to work weekends, and i have lots of extra cash to go racing and hang with all my buds. goal is a full 2008 season. i still need to figure out how to salvage 2007....looking pretty grim!

joe, scott, craig, and whoever else from here is out there competing. bring back some wood, pictures, and great stories. rubber side down, please!

cheers,

texy

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just going to put this out there.....

if someone needs a an extra hand in the pits for their racebike I am willing to lend a pair. Keep in mind I can lift up and carry a cb350 by myself so I can imagine something like that might come in handy.

so noon on sat at champs place for the caferacer.net meetup? that work for everyone?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:
then chris explained it to me, its 30 a day to get in as a spectator. its less than 100 to race. frank and cathy would be 120 bucks for 2 days. so, why not just enter a race, get your pit passes and free crew passes for under 100 bucks for the weekend? funny.
Actually if you check www.midohio.com it's $25 a day at the gate but you can also buy a weekend pass for $40 that includes the paddock pass. And you can technically still buy on-line and save $5 but you'll have to pick up your tickets at the gate 2 will call. That would give a cost of $70 for two people for the weekend versus $100 for a race....... You scared me for a minute that they had jacked the ticket prices up! Of course Frank will get an handy paddock parking pass that gets him closer in than the general lot AND they typically don't bother you if you're camping at your pit so that saves some money too. Although last year they were supposedly asking $100 from anyone camping in the paddock areas. Hopefully they were told "NO" often enough to leave it alone this year. It certainly isn't in any of the published info on the Mid-O or AHRMA websites......

Jim

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yay a caferacer.net meeting. I have not checked the schedule (or decided if I am going to race) so I will try and meet up if possible.

jerseygirl

How to spot me: Well I am a girl, but I am about 5'7" (not telling my weight) and have short brown hair.

Hopefully racing my Dad's Honda 350. # 754. I am pretty nervous/excited so any encouragement is greatly appreciated. I will be sporting my cafe racer tank at least one of the days otherwise I will be in black leathers most of the time. I am in Garage 11 apparently (thanks Joe).

Can't wait to see everyone out there!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I just got two caferacer.net tshirts, so if it is not too hot I will be wearing one, for ID sake.

Has there been a time and place set for the get together?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts