Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
anyone mucking about with carb tuning needs to read a good book on it as it's worth every penny and more you spend on it. Also buy a set of jet gauges and jet files. If the jet you have is too small, file it up gradually to a larger size. If you fuck up and make it too big, measure it and buy a size down. Files are nice because you usually can't get in-between sizes, and it saves a ton of money buying jets. Files are pretty cheap, and you can usually find a set of files and gauges together as a package deal. I recommend the Weber tuning manual (sure not keihin or mikuni) because it is full of formulas, theory, and if you knew nothing going in you'll know a lot after you read it.

I went through many sets of jets on my weber IDF carbs on our 73 vw bus before I read that book. I have a nice collection of jets now, but all I really needed were different emulsion tubes. Everyone talks about jetting all day long and never talks about emulsion tubes. There's a topic for conversation for you, emulsion tubes. Anyone wanna tackle that?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
sudco sells direct but minimum order is $25 bucks, and they said keep it on the down low. so i didn't tell you.

I recommend the book Four Stroke Performance Tuning by A Graham Bell. its really good, covers the whole engine and carburetor. auto and motorcycle some formulas tables etc.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts