Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a link to a few photos from the AHRMA Roadrace Miller event held at Tooele, Utah this past weekend.
Tom Mellor's salt flat bike is shown after running 182mph with the full bodywork, and 160mph without it. Tom concentrated on running at the salt flats this year and did not change the bike back to roadrace trim as he did in '07. He says he'll be shooting for 200mph in '09.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157607190573849/show/

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Great photos! I am still stunned by that 182+ run. On gas at that!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
So who won the raffle CB160? I have to assume since I haven't gotten a call about it that it wasn't me!

Jim

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
bret,

who took the pix?

really nice images.

tex

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diamond,
The 160 raffle bike was won by a Salt Lake City local lady who says she'll be racing it. Doug Polen drew her name out of the box and talked with her about dates for next years racing schools. Doug is the new AHRMA race school director/instructor.

Texy,
I took the pictures.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great pics, Bret.

I raced there this weekend, and had a great time.
Watching the CB160 races was really cool - Lemans style start and really tight racing.
If I didn't outweigh a 160, I'd race one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought I'd share my pics too.

Ok, so i was back home visiting some family a couple of weeks ago and booked the trip the same weekend that there were these vintage motorcycle races going on out at the Miller Motorsports Park just west of Salt Lake. I had yet to attend a vintage road race in my years of going to other forms of racing. I wound up getting there late on Saturday and only caught one race, but I think i had more fun walking around the pits!!!
Here's a link to my photobucket with almost 70 pics in it.
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/gdoublep/Boneville GP/ Guest password is boneville.

Lots of CB350s, some 450s, bunch of Brit stuff, even 3 Vincents, and a handfull of old Harleys.

It was cool to see all this stuff in one place and would definately go again! It got me all fired up about my Hondas again after riding my old Harley all summer.

Here's a preview:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought I'd share my pics too.

Ok, so i was back home visiting some family a couple of weeks ago and booked the trip the same weekend that there were these vintage motorcycle races going on out at the Miller Motorsports Park just west of Salt Lake. I had yet to attend a vintage road race in my years of going to other forms of racing. I wound up getting there late on Saturday and only caught one race, but I think i had more fun walking around the pits!!!
Here's a link to my photobucket with almost 70 pics in it.
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/gdoublep/Boneville GP/ Guest password is boneville.

Lots of CB350s, some 450s, bunch of Brit stuff, even 3 Vincents, and a handfull of old Harleys.

It was cool to see all this stuff in one place and would definately go again! It got me all fired up about my Hondas again after riding my old Harley all summer.

Here's a preview:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts