Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a machine shop around St Paul to install valve guides, and bore cylinders for my cb750. A smaller not too expensive shop would be great.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know eau claire is a drive, but I know of a guy a little east of here that does good work. His name is Kraig Henson and he owns a place called Rebuild It 715-289-3919

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info, I might give him a call if I can't find someplace a little closer.

Roy747

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I don't know how far Anoka is but I send bill bune stuff from across the country because I like and trust his work. So far the crank, jugs, and heads on my T500 have been touched by him.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
I ship all my stuff out to Georgia (I'm in NY) to Langcourt Cylinder Technologies. Half the time cheaper than local and they do stellar work...they even work on F1 cars.
Don't let location decide the quality of the work. Boring is far more important than people think. I've never had a local shop do a decent job of "race" quality.
As for the guides...someone body needs to know what they are doing, an auto machine shop will screw them up most of the time because their experience with aluminum heads and small guides is very limited.

Heck, you can do the guides yourself...I do.
JohnnyB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts