Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the most important thing in a new helmet is visibility....to avoid walking into things when you have your helmet on.

Stormtrooper helmet? Like this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the most important thing in a new helmet is visibility....to avoid walking into things when you have your helmet on.

Stormtrooper helmet? Like this?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Judeyramone

As far as nekkid chicks as objets d'art... they are.
+1

I have great reverence for a properly shaped female body. Most girls I know appreciate my appreciation, it's all about being respectful, not acting like you're about to abduct them or start jerking it as soon as they turn their back.

Now that that's settled:
First I'm like NY DOT took your duck reflex too? Now with Judey's help I'm feeling much more benevolent. I will donate twenty bucks towards Geeto's new lid as long as it goes to the Ramone house for decoration and there's at least one motorcycle mounted troll on it.

Not being ironic, just really like the troll.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Judeyramone

As far as nekkid chicks as objets d'art... they are.
+1

I have great reverence for a properly shaped female body. Most girls I know appreciate my appreciation, it's all about being respectful, not acting like you're about to abduct them or start jerking it as soon as they turn their back.

Now that that's settled:
First I'm like NY DOT took your duck reflex too? Now with Judey's help I'm feeling much more benevolent. I will donate twenty bucks towards Geeto's new lid as long as it goes to the Ramone house for decoration and there's at least one motorcycle mounted troll on it.

Not being ironic, just really like the troll.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I've got a HJC something or other that i've had for about 12 months or so....full face, polycarbonate shell, tinted visor, not the cheapest HJC, but under $250.

It's pretty good EXCEPT:

1/ The visor has only 3 opening graduations and the 2nd one has the bottom edge of the visor right across my eyeline.

2/ The tinted visor has some (very mild) distortion when you look through it.

Both very minor points, but can be annoying (especially the first one). Something to look out for if you are after the cheaper brands (my old Shoei TZ1 had a much better visor).

Other than that, it has a removeable / washable liner and the fit is pretty good. The padding has held up quite well in the time I've had it too - no noticeable shrinkage / looseness (I ride to work every weekday).

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I've got a HJC something or other that i've had for about 12 months or so....full face, polycarbonate shell, tinted visor, not the cheapest HJC, but under $250.

It's pretty good EXCEPT:

1/ The visor has only 3 opening graduations and the 2nd one has the bottom edge of the visor right across my eyeline.

2/ The tinted visor has some (very mild) distortion when you look through it.

Both very minor points, but can be annoying (especially the first one). Something to look out for if you are after the cheaper brands (my old Shoei TZ1 had a much better visor).

Other than that, it has a removeable / washable liner and the fit is pretty good. The padding has held up quite well in the time I've had it too - no noticeable shrinkage / looseness (I ride to work every weekday).

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I think you guys are missing one important detail. Why were you walking around town with your helmet on in the first place? That had to look even dumber with naked ladies on the side of your helmet.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I think you guys are missing one important detail. Why were you walking around town with your helmet on in the first place? That had to look even dumber with naked ladies on the side of your helmet.

Craig

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
http://www.revzilla.com/product/suomy-vandal-pin-up-helmet

Here ya go Geetz. Though I actually have this helmet so I guess thats kinda ghey to suggest you get it too so we can be helmet buddies :)

Personally, I like the white helmet art contest idea. You can probably find a decent one with good vent. and visual. Ship it to someone and then have them ship it to someone and on and on until it ends up back at your door. Now you'll have a great story. Just make the rules that no one be a dick and do any desease ridden vaginas etc... Clear coat ir and you've got a one of kind.

As for your professional projection - Eh, I own two restaurants. My standard line when I hear someone say something sexually inappropriate is "We don't condone sexual conversations here................, we rate them. That was a 6" This is a tough biz for that political correct stuff. We do try and keep it as clean as we can though. I certainly understand your rational as well. Most woman kind smile when they see my helmet FWIW.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
http://www.revzilla.com/product/suomy-vandal-pin-up-helmet

Here ya go Geetz. Though I actually have this helmet so I guess thats kinda ghey to suggest you get it too so we can be helmet buddies :)

Personally, I like the white helmet art contest idea. You can probably find a decent one with good vent. and visual. Ship it to someone and then have them ship it to someone and on and on until it ends up back at your door. Now you'll have a great story. Just make the rules that no one be a dick and do any desease ridden vaginas etc... Clear coat ir and you've got a one of kind.

As for your professional projection - Eh, I own two restaurants. My standard line when I hear someone say something sexually inappropriate is "We don't condone sexual conversations here................, we rate them. That was a 6" This is a tough biz for that political correct stuff. We do try and keep it as clean as we can though. I certainly understand your rational as well. Most woman kind smile when they see my helmet FWIW.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have an older HJC and can say that it has been a good lid. Visors are cheap to replace if you scratch it and not a total pain to take off. It does fog up quick, but also clears as soon as I start moving. It is also a a little bit noisy. They are often on sale for cheap.

As far as keeping a helmet for a decade, doesn't that negate its usefulness? I know bike helmets are supposed to be replaced every 2 years. What about motorcycle helmets?

On another note in my city all the street signs are supposed to be installed at 7' so that people don't bump their heads. Check the code and send the city a claim, they will deny it at first but if you are persistent with your claims they will pay you to go away. At least that is how it is in my city. I am a city worker so I see it all the time.

Good luck,
Billy

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have an older HJC and can say that it has been a good lid. Visors are cheap to replace if you scratch it and not a total pain to take off. It does fog up quick, but also clears as soon as I start moving. It is also a a little bit noisy. They are often on sale for cheap.

As far as keeping a helmet for a decade, doesn't that negate its usefulness? I know bike helmets are supposed to be replaced every 2 years. What about motorcycle helmets?

On another note in my city all the street signs are supposed to be installed at 7' so that people don't bump their heads. Check the code and send the city a claim, they will deny it at first but if you are persistent with your claims they will pay you to go away. At least that is how it is in my city. I am a city worker so I see it all the time.

Good luck,
Billy

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:personally, I like the white helmet art contest idea. You can probably find a decent one with good vent. and visual. Ship it to someone and then have them ship it to someone and on and on until it ends up back at your door. Now you'll have a great story. Just make the rules that no one be a dick and do any desease ridden vaginas etc... Clear coat ir and you've got a one of kind.

Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner! It might take you 6mos to replace your current lid, but just imagine what you'd have at the end of the shipping festival. I think I might just have to find a fiver to donate to the cause (I can go a week without my 6 of Natural Light, I think).

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:personally, I like the white helmet art contest idea. You can probably find a decent one with good vent. and visual. Ship it to someone and then have them ship it to someone and on and on until it ends up back at your door. Now you'll have a great story. Just make the rules that no one be a dick and do any desease ridden vaginas etc... Clear coat ir and you've got a one of kind.

Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner! It might take you 6mos to replace your current lid, but just imagine what you'd have at the end of the shipping festival. I think I might just have to find a fiver to donate to the cause (I can go a week without my 6 of Natural Light, I think).

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I actually think that is a great idea. So.....White or Black? As far as art, well Keep it classy San Deigo. I can pay some of the shipping. Let me see what kind of plain white helmet I can get cheap.

As far as "walking around with my helmet on" is concerned. Here is the story, Where I park is a Two way street that becomes a one way and the northbound lane begins at a little park. There is a sign on a lamp post there. I had just parked my bike, shut it off, and was walking to the back to lock it to something when I felt a clang against the helmet. The bottom of the sign had been just out of my vision and caught the upper edge of my visor, levering it. The part that gave way was the pivot on the right side, breaking the plastic visor retaining ring so the visor is hanging on by a thread right now. It doesn't help that I am 6'5" either, but really that sign was just about a foot too low and just out of the top of my vision with the helmet on.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I actually think that is a great idea. So.....White or Black? As far as art, well Keep it classy San Deigo. I can pay some of the shipping. Let me see what kind of plain white helmet I can get cheap.

As far as "walking around with my helmet on" is concerned. Here is the story, Where I park is a Two way street that becomes a one way and the northbound lane begins at a little park. There is a sign on a lamp post there. I had just parked my bike, shut it off, and was walking to the back to lock it to something when I felt a clang against the helmet. The bottom of the sign had been just out of my vision and caught the upper edge of my visor, levering it. The part that gave way was the pivot on the right side, breaking the plastic visor retaining ring so the visor is hanging on by a thread right now. It doesn't help that I am 6'5" either, but really that sign was just about a foot too low and just out of the top of my vision with the helmet on.

·
Registered
854 Posts
What about bobba fett?

or here is a good looking storm trooper:

By the way I would like to hear more about you smacking your head on a street sign...how does one do that? pictures?

21 - 40 of 69 Posts