Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tired searching for it but I think it is lost to time....

who had that link to that shop that made all the fancy titanium ducati parts?

The website was a black background with green writing and they made everything from frames to exhaust out of Ti

anybody know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Geet,

I don't know the company you are talking about but you can always find some Duc jewelry at Yoyodyne:

www.yoyodyneti.com

If you call the 973 number and a guy answers, then you're talking to Fred the owner. If you're going to buy anything, mention my name to him. It might get you a discount or he may just laugh about all the old bikes I wrench on.....

Jim

Edited by - diamondj on Oct 03 2007 10:23:18 AM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awsome...in the original use of the word awsome...is the fact that if you use all of their titanium products (frame, exhaust, covers, etc) plus carbon wheels and bodywork you can have a nearly 100hp street legal sport bike with a dry weight of 265lbs!

let that sink in for a second...

by the way, everytime I see that pic of the chick holding the frame this runs through my head:

"For the honor of Grayskull... I am She-Ra!"

I am such a geek.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
are you already tired of the new bike? ready to upgrade to the 'now I'm really REALLY In-debt' package? before you go daydreaming too much.... Ti does NOT bend or crack like steel or even alu. When it goes it shears. Total failure. Sure is purdy though, and nice to work with.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Interesting that he doesn't build in a removable seat stays. Would add some weight, but when you crash that's what tends to bend.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually, I was just interested in some of the things out there. He doesn't actualy make any parts for my bike but I like looking at the MH900e that is on their site with carbon wheels, carbon bodywork, and a whole lot of sexy.

Interestingly enough a buddy of mine offered me a 750 monster the other day for $1000. The bike was bought originally in mexico and had a mexican title when he bought it. In his titling adventures the bike ended up with a salvage title (it has not been wrecked) hence the cheap price. I don't have $1000 to spend right now on another duc but it is nice to play with some ideas in my head.

sure titanium shears, but it takes a lot to get to that point.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I think Ti is a bitch to work with. A bitch to grind, a bitch to machine, a bitch to my cutting tools. I only use it for parts that require very little machining.
But...it's an amazing metal. So strong for it's weight, so tolerant of heat or corrosion (not both at the same time though).

And like Geeto says.... the results of removing a 100 lbs from a street legal sport bike can be very dramatic.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I know the owner of that bike(SICKDUC)who resides in Lewiston Maine. It is a wild ride. Power to weight ratio equivilant of a 999 but the engine is not as stressed. I don't know if he has taken it on the track yet but he routinely rides it on the street, even commuting.
Oh and the sound...Lovely.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I've been staring at that hollow tube at the upper shock mount for quite awhile, like one of those paintings where the pirate ship appears if you look at it long enough

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:this picture doesn't scare anyone? i spook easily i guess.
Yes, I'm scared. I said nothing, just in case she was somebody's wife/girlfriend/ect.

quote:I've been staring at that hollow tube at the upper shock mount for quite awhile, like one of those paintings where the pirate ship appears if you look at it long enough
It's all I can see.

quote: i didn't post that picture because i found the frame remarkable.
Why'd you post it?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
maybe a pack of pall malls and a carafe of black coffee and youd be in. ok....im going to be shot and killed from the road side on 93 next time im in nh.

but hey...shes definitely hot....for maine.

ok....thats two bullets.

im a dick.

those guys do build some kick ass stuff though. actually, i thought i read someplace it was a guy and his son or something.

jc

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am pretty sure Branson would hit a mop or a jelly doughnut if it were drunk enough....

I have to admire her superhuman strenght however. I seem to only be aboe to focus on her arm and that flat tummy...everything else I forget instantly.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
two things in life that scare the bejesus out of me...dragon fly broach pendants, and the worlds largest caterpillar wrapped around someone's wrists.

'72 cb750
'76 cb550
'76 cb750

1 - 20 of 21 Posts