Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Man, I really dig your bike. Have to be honest though, the big mud flap cracks me up with all the work of minimizing the look of the bike. Sick pictures though, you have a beautiful bike in a beautiful landscape.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm working on getting rid of the shovel. I actually did at one point, then promptly got rear-ended by someone in Williamsburg, and smashed the sh-t out of it. Made a nice dent in the hood of her Durango though. :)

Problem is, money's tight (like the rest of the country), so I'm cutting back on spending when I can. The $70 for the part I want isn't in the budget right now. I'd just cut it off, but I need tie-down points for my soft luggage.

It's on my Christmas list. And thanks for being honest. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love that little cowl over the headlight... looks like something out of Star Wars! Nice touch on the bright orange rearsets. +1 on the mudflap, the muffler is a little out-of place but overall, very pleasing. Great job!

-Deek

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The leaves weren't that bad. I only did about 15mph on the trails. Saturday morning durring off-season means less tourists. :) I was out to enjoy the scenery.

As far as the muffler... I'm open for suggestions. I was thinking *cringe* high-mount... but I dunno... I want a minimal look (hence the short exhaust), but I NEED practical... this is my everyday vehicle. Hoping to hit 60K by turkey day. :)

Anyway, thanks for the compliments, and the critisism... keep it coming, as I'm always open for suggestion.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do you know if anyone has made a GP style exhaust for that? Considering that GP is the new fad in sportbikes and the SV is a huge seller for parts, I would imagine there is on out there for it. If not, "can't" be to hard to make one. GP is about at minimalist as it gets in my mind.

That or go the completely oppose route and make an undertail.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are a few "GP" style exhausts... I just don't like many of them... don't look good. Once I get another bike (or the CB on the road) then I'll maybe have something custom made... something under the belly pan or something.

I'm not big on high-mount exhaust, or undertail. It's been done a few times... my friend Milda has under-tail exhaust on her '04.

I know spoked wheels would be ultimate "Cafe", but I don't think they work well on the 2nd gen SV.

So what else might make my bike look a little more retro? I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! I do have more, but don't want to post them. She's a great person. Those were at a photo shoot I did a few weeks ago for her, and my friend Brittany as well. She's married though, do a large, burly, Coastie. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts