Cafe Racer Forum banner

Modern Cafe Racer For Sale - Honda 996 SuperHawk!

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  grandpaul 
#1 ·
Bought this from a friend to get him out of a jam, need to get my cost back out. I'm making nothing, it's going for the price of the exhaust system...

1998 Honda Super Hawk | eBay

See less See more
#7 ·
I bought my first VTR 8 years ago. It was absolutely mint with 15000 on the clock.
On the advice of a friend replaced the camchain tensioners.
The bike had a few minor issues (Rectifier/starter motor) in the 14000 commuting miles that I put on it.
Coming home from a night shift one morning I heard a rattle. At first I thought the noise was coming from the lorry that I was overtaking at the time.
As I slowed for a roundabout it was obvious that the bike had a serious problem. I pulled over as soon as I could, but it was to late. The engine was toast.
The front tensioner had failed with little/no warning, which isn't uncommon.
The second one had run okay through the summer, but on the first icey morning it refused to start until it had very nearly drained the battery.
As I couldn't find the cause I throw my rattle out the pram, and bought a BMW R1100RS which I still own.
That said the VTR is a great bike to ride, and would have another, if I didn't have to rely on it to get to work.

Reactions: Andyshep
#6 ·
It's a Firestorm.
Says "SuperHawk" on the side of the bike from new... Honda U.S. had them listed only as SuperHawk, and this is definitely a U.S. bike.

Camchain sounds nice and quiet.

This one only needed the carb low speed jets cleared with a tiny wire, and runs fantastic.

WAY too much bike for the average rider; easy way to get a very expensive traffic ticket.

#12 ·
Super Hawk was the CB77.. Anything else is an imposter.
hee hee I agree! I love the classics. But, Honda would have to come up with a new name, harder and harder to do - just look at the absurd names the car companies are coming up with...

- - - Updated - - -

Bidding is over $2K now, about where it should be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.