Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i'm diggin my triumph 675 standard (street triple, not speed triple). the daytona 675 has some nicer parts and is a race bike. i chose the standard with detuned cam for my street bike because, well because i wanted a street bike to ride on the street. triumph675.net if you want to re-search.

·
Registered
19 Posts
+1 on the VTR1000 Superhawk if you like the liter V-twins with Honda's reliablity. Certainly sporty enough, but not unmanageable.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RJB

Ken- Any chance you could post a pic of that setup?
down;

up

If mine wasn't a 20th Anniversary that I'm anal about the paint it would also havea huge-ass tank bag.

stock

tall

Two things about the screen; I assumed "light smoke" was the same tint as stock. If I'd known it was going to be that dark I would have went clear. It's an "ST" screen. I would have liked to have tried an "SR" which is like an endurance/TT screen. Look at IoM pics for an idea. No one stocks the "SR" so a. no discount, b. it was mine if I ordered it like it or not. It's documented that most bikes go faster with a Double Bubble. It is my opinion that a normal sized manly man will pick up top speed with a taller screen. There was no way I could get under the stocker without cutting off my lower jaw and a third of my chest cavity.

I'll post pics of the Heli bars if I ever get home.

·
Registered
541 Posts
My friend has a newer Daytona 675 and she loves it on and off the track. Wouldn't let me ride it last time I visited because she had just bought it. Beautiful bike.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have a '99 Hayabusa. At 6'1" and 235lbs. it fits me like a glove. Outfitted for true sport touring with bar risers, high shield, Corbin saddle and hard bags. I can do multiple 400 mile days, 500 if I have to. Done a few 700+ days, but hurt like hell. It will still eat up anything out there and carve corners like a middleweight.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Daytona is the best for that size IMHO. Has the torque the big four 600's doesn't have.

If you gave me the money to buy something, I'd always go the gsxr750. Handles like a 600, allot more street able and the induction noise will make you laugh like a child embellishing at Halloween.

Can’t stand a duke’s dry clutch. Not due to their effect, but that noise at idle will make one go insane after 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
quote:Originally posted by busapilot

I have a '99 Hayabusa. At 6'1" and 235lbs. it fits me like a glove. Outfitted for true sport touring with bar risers, high shield, Corbin saddle and hard bags. I can do multiple 400 mile days, 500 if I have to. Done a few 700+ days, but hurt like hell. It will still eat up anything out there and carve corners like a middleweight.
I've said this before on here, if I could only own one motorcycle and wanted to tour at all a 'Busa is the ticket.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I don't street ride as much as I'd like. Although where I live now in the Adirondacks there are tons of great roads so I plan to get out more this summer. Perfect for my 07 Aprilia RSV. Not a bike I like to travel on but I've done it. Definitely not the "if I could only have one bike" but I love it.

JD

21 - 32 of 32 Posts