Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
whats a brother to do ...when he is to big for a go ped and to broke to buy a motorcycle.
Even in a pack they ride...from da police they cant hide or run or get out of each others way.....for that matter.
But they are bikers.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My god, pimped out mopeds lol

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kudos to those guys. From what I've seen around the world mopeds...or small bikes do good things to people. First of all, you can't be an insecure douchebag and ride one. Second, the comradarie and humor of buzzing around on these little bikes just does good things to your soul no matter where you come from.
They bring you down to earth and show you what good fun with friends is all about...don't have to rob, kill, or join a gang...just join a moped gang and terrorize the hood at 45 mph.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
ah branson the little bike crusader ....a song up your alley my friend in support for things small.I feel your pain brother growing up I was always into small sports cars everyone else was into american iron.I was the odd man out all the time.I see you have a personal attachment to this rap...but the mopeds they talk about are unreliable and cheaply made we had them at the cycle shop I worked at and we always had two or three top tank tomos around.Id ride it around the lot across the street to make sure it ran.But they are just that a kids bike.
But I understand the rest the gaggle of them in the city ehaust buzzing the windows and under bridges like bees on a saturday would be a gas.

Put Geeto on one of these and its not going anyway even with a KIT!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
108 Posts
in seattle there's a branch of the moped army called the mosquito fleet. they wear denim jackets with big club patches on back. their motto is "swarm and destroy." if i had a few hundred extra dollars laying around (yeah right) i'd totally get in on that. and not just because the club is full of good looking girls, either.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
what's really funny is this song is a parody of rich boy's "throw some d's"

check it out here:

oh and mopeds rock!

texy

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
we used to have a TT course in the industrial park- laps were like in the 2 minute range. Everybody used the same moped, pedal start when the green flag drops and there was a can of starter fluid in the basket on the front. You were allowed 1 spray per run. Eventually we had to start strapping a 10 barbell weight to the back rack when Joe Ruth went out because he was killing everybodies times. One run Joe went out behind the woodworking shop, which was where you usually sprayed the nitrous but didn't come out of the back. We were trying to figure how we'd explain this racing accident to his wife when he popped out from behind the building. The bungie cord holding the barbell down had come unstrapped during his run and got twisted up in the rear wheel, breaking half the spokes on one side of the wheel before locking it up. The wheel still rolled after that but the wobble was always in the back of your mind on the fast sweepers.
bfd

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeh right, mopeds are about as cool as testicle cancer.....chinese anyone?

Banned From The Pubs..
'73 CB350(RIP)
'74 CB750K3 Cafe Thriller

·
Registered
138 Posts
At least if you ride a moped you cant get testicle cancer, because you prolly dont have testicles......you prolly have ovaries instead. and clubman bars..........

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Most insecure types do have problems with mopeds, same dynamic that keeps all those very cool small displacement sport bikes from selling in the US. It's all cool, not everyone is secure enough in their manhood to ride a small bike.
But hell...my wife can outrun most of these people on her "moped" race bike. Puts them in their place.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
throw a kit on it bitch.... hell yeah!!!!

I would rather ride a 50 than a cb750 anyday.

yo yo yo....my concrete quarter pipe/ barrier is finished. I gots my own ramp in my yard to hurt myself before I go racing now

matt

latered

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Matt,
Need pics of the pipe.

Speaking concrete...just spent all day cleaning my shop floor to be repainted. I do it once every ten years.
Yes...I just paint right over the old paint...makes bigger tastier flakes when it comes off.
JohnnyB

1 - 20 of 37 Posts