Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,350 Posts
i was planning on a set too, as I'm getting the big carbs. So there, JB, now ya gotta make at least 4 sets.

And BFD, you gotta ge the brake stay too.

68 fukin grams

s

· Registered
4,350 Posts
JB, where would the difference show up? (In the physical crank) excepting for gravity, I would imagine that a crank would run with pistons (connecting rods) in virtually any degreee of 360, upside down, (180) or even 270 degrees, depending on how the cases are built. What would you think will make a difference above 9K? Vibration?

I got the brace, but it might be exactly the same weight as the one I have. I won't know for a while, as I have the bikes in storage till we move.

Scott

Hey, if Strempher is now a skull, and Bob C. is also, does someone have to start another list so we can all say things that we don't want them to hear or have you and Aaron already started a new one.

Edited by - imslow on Nov 28 2004 1:38:30 PM

· Registered
4,350 Posts
Hey Aaron: Did BigDaddy ever get back to you about the 175? He seemed hesitant. He seemed hesitant to sell anything he put up on the board, actaully. And, of course, the bike I sold to him for $400.00 he now wants a lot more money for.

Scott

PS. My pipe is not kinked, but the meg does go up to the sky.at about 40 degrees. JB doesn't remember that I ordered a meg from him.

· Registered
4,350 Posts
JB, I'm gonna stick with the Sloper head and put on the Keihin PE25 carbs. Does that make sense to you. (not the combination, I don wanna hear bout it) just does which flange I need. one set is to screw up with....

Scott

· Registered
4,350 Posts
Yup, typo was pe24. I want to stick with the sloper so I can stick with the exhaust I have. And yes, i know about the angles. i'll either adapt the manifolds I have OR I'll bend the manifolds differently before selding to make sure it all goes together.

so due to the spigot mounting I'll take a total of 4, which would mean an extra 2 to screw up with.

· Registered
4,350 Posts
Champ, it's more fun to make parts and machine thingys than it is to just look at the damn thing all winter. Hope you're in good health. You oughtta ride one of these things in the spring.

Evil

· Registered
4,350 Posts

It's not so shiny. I guess I better get shining.

Anyone else notice the difference in the size of the hole for the starter between the sloper and the vert?

· Registered
4,350 Posts
Yeah, look at the size of the starter hole in this vertical. It's significantly different in size. Just another HM change.

scott

Edited by - imslow on Dec 02 2004 11:42:25 AM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.