Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Johnny,
I like it and I want one. While I had mentioned the idea, he has already started its production. Are you welding the ends on or making a cup style that can slide on the end that I could spring load on. If you make the meg with a slide on end, I will weld the loops with the spring attatchments. I'm thinking if I spring load all the exhaust when I crash, it will just sprung apart and then I can spring it back together.

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Don't loose too much weight. Jeremy did and we had to support his head with popsicle sticks.

I did not find any play in my bearings. I found a lot of dirty oil and had a bitch of a time getting 39 inchs of exhaust in before the end of the bike. I had a couple of pattern options but went with the Superman S for final product, but no bearing play.

Yah, thats they way I would like the meg, but only you don't see any major threats. I believe Petes 350 has his mounted like that and I couldn't imagine my 175 putting out more pounding exhaust gas pulses then his Ducati. I do indeed like the fact that I used pounding, gas, and pulses in a sentence that wasn't supposed to be funny.

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Ummm... yeah i already made it. I'm real anxious to see the differemce in my hp curve. Its drastically different then what I had. I still need to obviuosly put the meg on, but I think I will dyno it before making changes to the ignition or to the valves.

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Your picture didn't show.

I tried to clean up what I could but based on the Superman patern I was not able to get in too far. One nice thing is when I switch heads I will need to have a professional make me the exhaust minus the meg. Do you know anybody? I will try to get a pic. It might be faster if I draw picture though.

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
I wont have a new head for a while yet. I haven't even sent one out. I was just being a wise guy. Your exhaust length before the meg looks like around 35-36 inches. What's up with that?

Is the cases loosening from riding or from stress caused by power? My bike obviously doesn't have the power but I did put it through its tolls this summer. I did torque them but after run in, I just snug things as I see fit meaning I probably didn't do much to them.

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Just from eyeing it, unless that bend sticks further forward that I can see, theres no way its more then 37. Will measure it just to appease me (Don't know spelling)? Cause when you see mine your going to laugh, and when you see pipe too. Well I followed my specific directions and now I have a weirdo pipe. I actually like it and think that it looks strangley very cool.

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Its supermans brother. Yes Mine looks like that minus the kinked, squarish looking down tubes. If longer is better than I'm all set, the only thing I don't have is a wing on the back. I have to shoot my exhaust upward. I think I'm going to need to get a one of caps that Mac trucks use to keep rain out of there exhaust.

I have questions on exhaust stuff.If I run 39 inches of 1.25 tubing or 24 inch length meg with a 3 od. Why I can't I run something like 30 inches of 1 inch tubing and a 20 inch meg with a 2.5 inch od? If I can adjust power with the a trapp then why can't I shorten the meg making a smaller od but add more disks?

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
IMSLOW - I spoke with him about the bike, but I haven't called him back yet. I was suppose to call him a while ago, but between the holidays and trying to make room I've put it on the down low for now. If I sell more stuff to make room it will be a Giro bike.

Is this the post I was suppose to respond to?

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
There are actually 2 Duck Hunting shirts in exsistance. The Ducati in the picture is a little red one with green number plates that say 58. I will be producing them in quantity for next season. There quite funny.

Branson you don't have to weld mine if you don't want and you can charge the normal amount. My head for next season is not set in stone but I'm pretty sure I will be using a vert head.

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Yeah don't weld them together, I need one for each instake. I'm funny, I didn't read all the words. I just looked at the pictures and some of the words and put together a sentence I liked.

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Johnny,
It was like Christmas when I got home. By the way your scraps are better then some pieces I've started with. Also the attention to detail on the end cap is more visible in real life then in the picture, so thanks for knowing how anal I am. What size bolt do you thread your end caps to?

Aaron

· Registered
2,970 Posts
quote:
I'm thinking a smart guy could figure a way to take out a couple metal plates and friction disks and cut the basket down.
JohnnyB
I usually resort to you for my smart guy stuff. I have been working on the 3in trapp and am almost finished. Here's where I'm at.

· Registered
2,970 Posts
The bolts are 8/32, which means no drilling of the holes. I'm going to start by taking 5 disks out which will bring it back to 9 like you calculated (8.7). I'm pretty sure the 3inch series all have the ridge but I could be wrong. I've never seen them with out. They are 2inch exhaust springs that I bought out a small motorcycle shaop of them today. I don't think there hard to get a hold of but he gave me a deal on 20 of them so, I took it. The stack is of brand new Bonnville rear fenders from whats looks like from 1964 to 1970. I was pretty sure that you were going to ask me about the closed end cap.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.