Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up!

So I’m only a few years in to customising bikes and learning more everyday. I encountered something new to me just recently and was wondering what needs to be done to fulfil this kind of “mod” if you will. Im talking about increasing the number of spokes for that more “classic” look. I’ve obviously had the thought of drilling the hubs and rims to increase the spokage but was wondering if there’s an easy way to go about it…like a less mad max way.
I will enclose a photo of what I mean, is there a place I can purchase rims and hubs with more spoke holes? Is that a thing?

Thanks in advance!
Jordan
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Jordan, being a mechanical engineer perhaps you can understand the concept of inertia; The heavier you make that front wheel, the more prone your motorcycle will be to wobble and wiggle at speed when you hit bumps. Inertia is the enemy to your motorcycles suspension dampening and adding more weight to your front wheel is going to be counter-productive to your motorcycles handling. So to the question: Is this a thing? <- no, not really.
Hey mate, thanks for the reply! I understand what you’re saying but would double the spokes really add that much weight? I mean the bike I plan to add this “mod” to already has been upgraded to sawtooth tyres and hefty forks, I don’t feel it would be so counter productive. Plus I’m more about aesthetics than practicality 😅😂

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tyres are not mine, also I’m in south-east Asia where the quality isn’t as high but for what I use my stuff it works great. Everything in the States and Europe is way over priced for bike parts. Everybody is getting ripped on. I’m not on a race track so why by super expensive tyres? They work rain or shine and have had no problems as of yet…I’ll change mine when they need changing no problems. Sounds like your sold on advertising…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts