Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am going to remove my electic starter and all the wiring that goes with it. How simple is it? Any pointers that people have please say I am kinda new to this and really need some help. also will the cb350 starter block off fit the 360? 1975 Honda CL360

You meet the fastest racers on a Honda

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Trev,

NOTHING, with the exception of a few nuts and bolts, off the cb350 fits the cb/cl360.

As for how hard a job it is, well that all depends on your skill level. If you are expirenced wrench, then it should be no big deal, if you are a newbie, then it may seem pretty hard but still manageable. Remember to save all the parts. Removing the starter is pretty straight foward, removing the wiring will be a bitch because you have to unthread it from all the passages it is routed through. you could just clip it but then you have to remake the wire if you ever go to install it.

Before you do it, make sure your bike is running perfect. The reason is when you are diagnosing a problem the starter makes it easier to turn over the engine so you can see what you are doing.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
quote:
Ok I am going to remove my electic starter and all the wiring that goes with it. How simple is it? Any pointers that people have please say I am kinda new to this and really need some help. also will the cb350 starter block off fit the 360? 1975 Honda CL360

You meet the fastest racers on a Honda
the 350 starter is pretty much cake to remove, even for a newbie like me. if i remember, the wires are pretty seperate from the rest of the electrics. follow the run back up to the solenoid. you can just get rid of the solenoid and splice the red wires together. then you can take the wires off the start button to clean up the left controls. there are some folks selling the blank to cover the hole in the case where you pull the starter, then you'll just have to pop the outside cover to remove the starter's chain and install the plug.

tt

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
that block off plug would be great if we were talking about a 350. unfortunatly the bike he has is a cl360. I see some people on other boards have purchased the cb350 block off for the 360 but who knows if it actually fits or not.

·
Registered
504 Posts
When I was "fixing" up my 360 for endurance races I removed the battery and noticed that the neutral light glowed when I kicked it over. I found that it would start and run fine w/o the battery so I just cut out all the other wires. My 360 is the model w/o a starter so I don't know if the 350 blockoff will work.

FC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts